• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

He reminds me of another little Frenchman we once had.... not Makelele, but Lassana Diarra! 

Surprised that Diarra is now 31. He had such potential. 

37 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Whatever. 

It is a failure because it hasn't fulfilled either of its purposes. 

Maybe you should explain why you think it's not a failure. 

A set of failures is not a failure, just a set.  Did you not get my analogy of the Prison compared to Cambridge University?
If you do, then think do Prison Governors talk very positively about their inmates futures?  And do top Universities claim that their students will predominate in the cabinet, Nobel prizes and Perrier awards?

Just now, kratos said:

The mini with an f1 engine.

Hell yes.

We had another one and let him go.  We could have had two - plus Willian.  That would have been fun to watch  :)

Sea foot   
9 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

We had another one and let him go.  We could have had two - plus Willian.  That would have been fun to watch  :)

Ramires (I believe that is who you mean) did have an f1 engine, unfortunately he had no steering.

22 minutes ago, bluegeeza said:

He reminds me of another little Frenchman we once had.... not Makelele, but Lassana Diarra! 

Surprised that Diarra is now 31. He had such potential. 

Another of those future Makeleles.  Like Scott Parker before him.  29 league appearances as a 19/20 yo for le Havre and less than 200 in the next 11 seasons.  
Useful squad player but he wasn't big or fast, couldn't beat a player easily, couldn't hold on to it long enough to look up and play, a placeholder, not a player.

Just now, Sea foot said:

Ramires (I believe that is who you mean) did have an f1 engine, unfortunately he had no steering.

I think that that is very untrue.  Certainly he was often travelling too fast to control the ball well.  But when slower moving he played quite well.

52 Brazil caps in just a 5 year period.  

life   

Loved ramires, but come on. The man had one of the worst first touches and ball control in the game.

Kante is good news. I just hope he has a huge impact and not a mediocre one.

life   

As good a signing kante is, if we are to play 424, and I'm assuming he will be starting. Then he will probably be starting next to a matic or mikel right?

Because kante is a box to box player, not a holder. 

Which will then mean, oscar, fabregas et Al will all be experiencing the bench.

Unless we are to play 352 or 433. I doubt it with the 433 because conte likes 2 upfront + no way will we bench a 30+ mill player we just signed in batman.

Edited by life

5 minutes ago, life said:

As good a signing kante is, if we are to play 424, and I'm assuming he will be starting. Then he will probably be starting next to a matic or mikel right?

Because kante is a box to box player, not a holder. 

Which will then mean, oscar, fabregas et Al will all be experiencing the bench.

Unless we are to play 352 or 433. I doubt it with the 433 because conte likes 2 upfront + no way will we bench a 30+ mill player we just signed in batman.

I can't see anything other than a 433 with how our squad appears to be taking shape. Some serious work needs to be done if it is to be anything else.