• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

26 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

No and yes.  I bet either Ivanovic or a newly bought 25+ aged FB starts 30 pl games this season

If Ivanovic starts the first ten games he will be directly responsible for the loss of between ten and twenty goals.

And you can take that to the bank.

He's done.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

So, you agree, not solely Aina's fault... in which case, how the hell can you say he's not the answer this year or next? Typical Droy bollox... if a player is being let down by those around him, then that player isn't ready.

Steady - they can be both true.  And are.  Instead of criticising me, should you just state that you think Aina is ready to be first choice for the season?

21 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

If Ivanovic starts the first ten games he will be directly responsible for the loss of between ten and twenty goals.

And you can take that to the bank.

He's done.

And people reckon I was too harsh on Matic.

August tomorrow. And who are our defenders? Ivanovic, Zouma (injured), Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta, Miazga and Aina. 

Neither Conte neither the players are responsable of this. The board is. And that's an absolute joke, simple unacceptable!

Anybody know what his happening with Van Ginkel? Wasn't taken on tour with less established youth players taken instead but not heard any news of a loan move. Was it an injury related absence?

3 minutes ago, Alec_Cobas said:

August tomorrow. And who are our defenders? Ivanovic, Zouma (injured), Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta, Miazga and Aina. 

Neither Conte neither the players are responsable of this. The board is. And that's an absolute joke, simple unacceptable!

Relax we still have Djilobodji on the books!

GURJ SS   
1 hour ago, Alan Conway said:

I think that Aina is more than ready to be first choice at RB for the season. In order for us to ever have a youngster make it here then we have to be brave and throw them in the deep end. I feel a lot of the Brana critiscm is over the top and although he hasn't performed to his old level, I feel people are tarnishing his name and he is a Chelsea legend. 

I agree, we have to be brave and go with it, it's how top players are found; not even top but good enough to be a player worthy of a squad place.

When a youngster looks out of place in a game it isn't particularly the youngster we should look at, over the years I have seen young players play for other teams(Man U in particular) and they have had support given to them by the senior players, our senior players do absolutely nothing to help our prospects on the pitch.

I play 5/6/7 a-side regularly and sometimes I have a kid in my team, I close the gap on that side of the pitch so they have support incase they struggle, it's not rocket science and if that can be done in a evenings game of football I'm sure professionals should be able to to keep an eye on their young team members; especially in pre-season where it's important to get these prospects full of confidence for the season ahead.

As for Ivan, hands down legend. He really does get unfair criticism and I'm sure he can easily move to centre back and do a job there instead; I would be more than happy with Ivan being a CB in his latter years.

53 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

And people reckon I was too harsh on Matic.

In fairness I'm only basing it on how he was last year , for the first twenty games.

He was much better once we been embarrassed in every competition we'd entered , normally down his side.

Every other Premier league club has a right back twice as good.

It's a shame , because he used to be fantastic and has been a wonderful servant but if you left a burger on a barbecue for a week it'd be less done than Ivanovic.

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Every other Premier league club has a right back twice as good..

So did Chelsea 2nd half of the season, and the 4 seasons before.  

21 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

I play 5/6/7 a-side regularly and sometimes I have a kid in my team, I close the gap on that side of the pitch so they have support incase they struggle, it's not rocket science and if that can be done in a evenings game of football I'm sure professionals should be able to to keep an eye on their young team members; especially in pre-season where it's important to get these prospects full of confidence for the season ahead.

Does Marcelo cut inside off the pair of you to shoot?

34 minutes ago, Alec_Cobas said:

Really? It seems to me that "the board" have attempted to sign players other than Kante and Batshuayi. Nainggolan and Koulibally immediately spring to mind. The former doesn't seem to wish to leave his current club, who also don't seem prepared to sell him either. As for the latter, we have made bids, but every time we increase the bid, so the asking price also seems to increase. Currently I believe we're at £38m/€45m. There has to come a time when the club says 'enough is enough'

I also got the impression from various Conte interviews that he had in effect given the club a "list" of the players he wanted, that we'd been successful with some but not others, but that lack of success in getting some targets didn't mean we'd then go after just anyone for the sake of signing a player in a particular position.

Edited by Bob Singleton