• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

A 'wonderful' team like Werder Bremen playing with our Embarrassing defence. And the club still sleeping, at 7th of August. Anybody who think Chelsea can win something with these people at the back need to Go and see their medics. 

It's going to be another 10th place finish if we don't improve this defense. Germany's   relegation candidate are opening up so easily . Not to mention they are two week behind us in preparation.

We desperately need a full back. Aina and Azpillicueta are fine.

Ivanovic is finished , his positioning is awful , he shuffles backwards with his hands behind his back instead of putting any pressure on the ball carrier and is honestly the worst possible choice to play next to Cahill who is just as guilty of backing off , the pair of them together, manufacture space for the opposition to exploit.

One tweak and we'll be miles better.

But we all know it's not going to happen.

life   
17 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

We desperately need a full back. Aina and Azpillicueta are fine.

Ivanovic is finished , his positioning is awful , he shuffles backwards with his hands behind his back instead of putting any pressure on the ball carrier and is honestly the worst possible choice to play next to Cahill who is just as guilty of backing off , the pair of them together, manufacture space for the opposition to exploit.

One tweak and we'll be miles better.

But we all know it's not going to happen.

Been saying this for such a long long time.

life   

Ivanovic and Mr back of from anything cahill.

How anyone thought kante will fix this I have no idea.

Why does kante have to do his job and their job even if that was possible..

A Terry is not the same anymore. 

2 cb's and a fullback needed 

I'm glad people's eyes are opening further.

Nice to see a 433, I have said for a long time this best suits our squad, even more so with the arrival of Kante and Batshuayi.  If we play this way we don't need any more numbers for the front 6.

Fabregas-Kante-Matic.                                

Willian-Costa-Hazard

Back up of Mikel, Oscar, RLC, Chalobah, Pedro, Batshuayi, Cuadrado, Moses. Plenty of numbers, plenty of quality. Could it be improved? Of course, but it should be plenty to make top 4, as long as our defence is sorted out.

Forget spending £70 million on Lukaku and bring in 2 or 3 quality defenders. 

Just now, Martin1905 said:

Nice to see a 433, I have said for a long time this best suits our squad, even more so with the arrival of Kante and Batshuayi.  If we play this way we don't need any more numbers for the front 6.

Fabregas-Kante-Matic.                                

Willian-Costa-Hazard

Back up of Mikel, Oscar, RLC, Chalobah, Pedro, Batshuayi, Cuadrado, Moses. Plenty of numbers, plenty of quality. Could it be improved? Of course, but it should be plenty to make top 4, as long as our defence is sorted out.

Forget spending £70 million on Lukaku and bring in 2 or 3 quality defenders. 

Have to agree I think the 433 makes a lot more sense with the players we have. However, it is getting to the stage where we are now desperate for a new CB and LB. No way can/should we go into the season with the current set up.

CFC1966   

If we harbour any desire in finishing top 4 this season, I'm sticking with my view that we need a top drawer CB and a viable LB miles before we panic over another striker...we will not improve on last seasons goals conceded with our current defence. Ivanovic at RB or CB has the heart fluttering and it's not down to a love affair... 

433 was always the best formation for our squad. Can't believe so many didn't see it sooner. 

As for Ivan... It's embarrassing he's still seemingly our 'number 1' RB. 

10 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

433 was always the best formation for our squad. Can't believe so many didn't see it sooner. 

Its so obvious it's not even debabtble, however I have been told by loads on here that it doesn't suit our current squad. 

I think people have got carried away with 424, 352, 3412 etc and just want something different as Conte has done that in the past. 

I think it's telling that after our tour and Conte saying the AC Milan game/tour in general told him a lot about who he wants to keep, who can leave and what we need to bring in, we have gone back to a 433.

It clearly suits our current players and with us struggling to bring in another forward I'm not in the least  bit suprised we have reverted back to it. Fair play to him for trying something new in pre season but he must know we have to start well otherwise he will be out of a job by christmas. 

Expect a very defensive, deep, counter atracking 433 against West Ham and if he's given any amount of time to do what he wants with the team to slowly change it over the next couple of transfer windows.

Edited by Martin1905