• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

14 hours ago, Rob B said:

Twitter heating up tonight because a student journalist (with very few followers) has tweeted pictures of him at the Chelsea Harbour Hotel today with Mahrez, and then later with Conte (see below)

The hotel in both pics has been verified, although doesn't necessarily mean they were taken on the same day etc.  Apparently neither said anything to him, but Mahrez's agent confirmed CFC's interest

Don't shoot the messenger as I'm simply passing on the info, but interesting at the very least....

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The Leicester Mercury perspective on this story...

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/leicester-city-transfer-rumours-mahrez-chelsea-and-the-biggest-non-story-of-the-day/story-29600634-detail/story.html

5 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

So you think we should have offered Everton £50m for Stones? :-(

Tell me, what players do you think we should sign and how much do you think we should pay for them?

Decent defenders. And I say decent, not a Bonucci. Because any decent defender would improve our disastrous defence. 

I won't pay 50 for Stones but I find ridiculous that Chelsea didn't learn anything from last summer and have spent months after Koulibaly. We start the season on monday and we should have signed reinforcements at the back weeks ago. 

9 minutes ago, life said:

I wouldn't mind us putting a cheeky 30 mill bid for mangala right now......would have said "hell no" before. However right now I would take.

Maybe him and mustafi. 

It's on sky sports that mangala is available, I don't know but I feel it makes sense. We saw something in him before, we should take the punt not like we are getting anyone else anywhere

Mangala ? £30m is £35m too much.

life   
5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Mangala ? £30m is £35m too much.

I get where you're coming from. However at this moment, he and mustafi makes so much sense. Available and decent, we ar in no position to be picky right now. 

17 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

The transfer strategy from us over the last 36 months hasn't really been that impressive... Schurrle, Van Ginkel, Schwarzer, Cuevas, Etoó, Willian, Atsu, Brown, Perica, Traore, Matic, Salah, Zouma, Fabregas, Costa, Pasalic, Luis, Drogba, Remy, Cuadrado, Nathan, Begovic, Rahman, Pedro, Kenedy, Djilobodji, Hector, Pantic, Amelia, Adamczyk, Miazga, Batsuhayi, Kanté... That's 33 players for a gross spend of roughly £360m. What on earth are we doing!!!???

Only 11 of those 33 players stand a reasonable chance of being in the squad this season. I'll say it again, ONLY 11/33 bought in the last 36 months for roughly £360m stands a chance of being in the squad for the coming season. And of those 11, only 6 can really be seen as first XI starting material - Willian, Costa, Fabregas, Matic, Zouma (more due to lack of good CBs at the club than his amazing ability) and Kanté. 

Well done you absolute clowns.

Well done indeed.  The ones in bold are worth at least £360m.  5 of them were core members  of the Championship winning team ((as was Luis).  Schrurlle, Schwarzer, Eto'o, Salah, Luis, Drogba, Djilobodji, Amelia - 8 stayed for a season, max 2, took their wages and moved on for an overall positive net transfer fee.  The others barely cost anything.

That list is very good, nothing for anyone to compain about in those players.

The only thing wrong is the options given to the manager that can be used.  

Funny how those who thought spending £4m on Djilobodji a waste of money and a last minute act of panic are now suggesting we spend £30m on Mangala
(Although now on the Ignore list, I've just seen life's post quoted above!)

Beggars belief!

7 minutes ago, life said:

I get where you're coming from. However at this moment, he and mustafi makes so much sense. Available and decent, we ar in no position to be picky right now. 

Sorry but he doesn't make sense at all, as he is worse than Cahill. 

GURJ SS   

If we get desperate I would rather see us sign Shawcross and Williams instead of spending what would be around £60M on Mangala and Mustafi.

xCELERYx   

Would rather see us hit Juventus up to loan Rugani or by Romagnoli from AC Milan than spend any fee on Mangala. 

In fact, would rather see Mikel play CB regularly than Mangala if push comes to shove.

life   

Funny how people claiming I'm on the ignore list are still lying and claiming I make comments on players I never made...

You're such a grown man to be crying and lying about such things. 

Edited by life