• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

life   
13 minutes ago, sebcfc said:

Sorry but he doesn't make sense at all, as he is worse than Cahill. 

Fair play tbh, he has made some mistakes last campaigns so understandable.

life   
9 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

If we get desperate I would rather see us sign Shawcross and Williams instead of spending what would be around £60M on Mangala and Mustafi.

Shawcross and williams over mustafi? Not sure about that one mate. 

11 hours ago, life said:

And for crying out loud sign some centre backs, what is wrong with us?

Indeed, what is wrong with you?

6 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

It has nothing to do with the reality, and everything to do with the mob mentatlity of here when things don't go the way people want them to: Whenever we signed somebody people approved of, it was a Mourinho signing, with Kenyon just getting in on the photo op. Whenever we signed a dud, failed to sign somebody people here wanted, or 'apparently' paid too much for a player, it was Kenyon's fault. And then later, it was Gourlay's fault, irrespective of the manager's name. Neither were mourned on these pages when they departed for that very reason - too much mindless criticism directed at them, over too many years - and it sticks/becomes 'fact'.

Precisely.

6 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

With regards to Emenalo its so obvious he is totally out of his league in all football matters as previous mangers have hinted. However with Emenalo being a close friend of the Buffoon Grant he is like Captain Scarlet "Indestructible" and empire building with restructuring of the academy and academy staff. Whats Joe Edwards latest position?

How interesting.  I didn't know that.  Is that one of those facts like Grant speaking Russian and RA being fluent in Hebrew that explain why a tiny minority of insiders can come to such a hateful approach to our staff?

3 hours ago, Alec_Cobas said:

De Visser and his very busy summer has to be the myth of 2016. Chelsea are not a force in the market anymore. They made offers but rejected again and again. Some things are wrong for sure regarding this people in negotiations. 

That will teach you not to take anything de Visser says again.  A rampant self-promoter.

2 hours ago, Alan Conway said:

I like that young Danish defender at Mochengladbach. Jokes aside though I am a little bitter towards Everton letting Stones go, after last summers fun and games. Seems unlikely we will have a new defender by the time the season starts. So let's just hope the likes of Cahill and Ivanovic get back to former years. 

Me too.  I do hope if we buy him we stick him out on loan again, rather than repeating the Baba mistake of thinking a guy who had pone decent mid-Bundesliga season is ready of the Prem.

46 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Pogba - Both the player and the "selling" club were open to a deal being done for the right price
Stones - Both the player and the "selling" club were open to a deal being done for the right price*
* Last season was a different matter... it seems we received some encouragement from Everton to put in a bid, but once it went public they (primarily Martinez) shut us down. Had we kept quiet and made a sensible (in Everton's eyes) opening offer, we may have got him. Different manager, different owner, different season, different circumstances.

Of course it might simply be the players turned us down.  Stones might have just said he didn't want to compete for a place here with Zouma and Terry, or he might just have wanted to stay up north (or City might just have promised him a better offer in a year).  Martinez taking the blame upon himself doesn't match our general opinion of him, but it might well have been just that.
Much the same applies to Pogba.  Or perhaps there is the conspiracy theory that JM decided he'd rather have him at Man U a year later!

life   
2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Indeed, what is wrong with you?

Same thing that makes you think defence is fine I think. 

life   

I'm just waiting for another person to misquote me on mangala.....the usual suspects ofcourse. 

Just say I claimed he is world class and all. 

20 minutes ago, life said:

I'm just waiting for another person to misquote me on mangala.....the usual suspects ofcourse. 

Just say I claimed he is world class and all. 

Mangala is not worth our interest. But any person who saw Bundesliga last season would know there're some decent defenders there. Players who would improve our back for sure. And I'm not talking about Christensen. 

Edited by Alec_Cobas

BlueFizz   
1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Can't see how anyone wouldn't agree with this. 

There's one thing buying Di Maria who doesn't work out. Quite a diffeent thing buying 10 Pasalic's who'll never play a minute for us. 

You're United failures list is 'generous' to say the least.

Over the past few seasons I can think of quite a few other flops - Zaha, Anderson, Kagewa, Bebe, Varela - haven't checked the smaller purchases (but they will be there online) - and you'd have to include all the ones Jose is now shipping out - Rojo, Schweinsteiger, Blind, possibly Mata...

I don't defend our bulk-buy approach - I just don't condemn it as significantly more hit and miss than many other large clubs.

I'd also add, that as it stands, Pogba is an example of a cock-up that many forum members would tear to pieces if it happened here. I can almost write the script - 'Brilliant - sell him for a few mill, now buy him back for £90m - bloody Emanalo... only at this club!' etc etc

I'm not a 'Chelsea is a faultless entity that cannot be criticised' fan - but I am also not a 'this club is a mess' fan either.

Edited by BlueFizz

jones   

At the moment, it has been an underwhelming transfer window.

But with 22 days left of the window, I remain confident.

If we in fact have bid twice for Koulibaly, prices quoted being 40mp +, then surely the club have identified CB as an absolute priority. Which would mean that we, more likely than not, will spend big on a new top class CB. 

I am surprised by the lack of rumours about FB. Has there been any other than a few suspect links to Lichtsteiner? If we go into the season with only three full backs, where one of them is an untested 19 year old and another is a 32 year old coming off of his worst season in a Chelsea shirt, I think even the most optimistic Chelsea fans would be skeptical.

If we are in fact in the process of signing Mahrez, then things are surely starting to look more positive. Although Hazard + Willian is among the best duo of wingers there are in European football, the lack of quality behind them is worrying. Pedro, Cuadrado and Moses will never provide them proper competition. Although competent, they are neither the impact subs are first xi pusher you would want to have around. 

We clearly seem to be after a new CF. Until we get him, it seems like Conte will continue with 4-3-3. That is how our squad is best utilized. But I suppose a big money CF transfer would imply one of Matic or Oscar leaving, as they both may be able to generate up to 30mp in today's market. A Lukaku for Oscar switch, and our squad is suddenly more a 4-2-4 than a 4-3-3.

Anyway, there are some signs that this can be a really good transfer window. Koulibaly, Lukaku and Mahrez to add to Kante and Batshuayi should be more than any Chelsea fan would demand. But if we continue in the same fashion as the previous windows, Conte will have an impossible job at his hands.

paulw66   
21 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

You're United failures list is 'generous' to say the least.

Over the past few seasons I can think of quite a few other flops - Zaha, Anderson, Kagewa, Bebe, Varela - haven't checked the smaller purchases (but they will be there online) - and you'd have to include all the ones Jose is now shipping out - Rojo, Schweinsteiger, Blind, possibly Mata...

I don't defend our bulk-buy approach - I just don't condemn it as significantly more hit and miss than many other large clubs.

I'd also add, that as it stands, Pogba is an example of a cock-up that many forum members would tear to pieces if it happened here. I can almost write the script - 'Brilliant - sell him for a few mill, now buy him back for £90m - bloody Emanalo... only at this club!' etc etc

I'm not a 'Chelsea is a faultless entity that cannot be criticised' fan - but I am also not a 'this club is a mess' fan either.

Nicely put. The same people criticising the club for attempting to re sign Lukaku* at an inflated fee are praising United for bringing back Pogba. 

* If indeed we are

The fees paid for Stones and Pogba are laughable. £30m for Kante; that is business. 

Ashley Williams set to sign for Everton for 12 million, is it really as difficult to sign players as we make out?

I suppose he's not good enough for us though, we'll stick with what we've got, an over the top RB, and two struggling CBs