• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

I really think there should be a limit to how many players a club can loan out. That way this madness with this club can stop. 

xCELERYx   
20 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

What? How are we less stretched compared to last season? 

All the players that are here now, was also here last season. Hazard and Pedro was here. Costa and Remy was also here. 

We've signed Michy but lost Falcao, Pato and seemingly Traore. One in and three out and we are less stretched? More wishful thinking than logical I'd say. 

Maybe when you look at it at face value, but based on what Conte is looking to do we're not really that worse off, if at all.

1 upfront system: Costa, Bats, Remy and then there's RLC, Hazard, Pedro to plug a gap if required.

2 upfront system: Costa, Bats, Remy, Hazard, RLC and Pedro all become options. The latter 3 being more of a second striker type. 

As I also said, if we do go with a two striker system then ideally another genuine CF would be ideal to give us another leading man and pushes Remy to forth choice. However, Traore was never really going to be that sort of option anyway. With the addition of Cuadrado and Moses out wide, it gives us that option to move a Pedro or Hazard further forward to play off a Costa or Bats if required anyway. 

I don't think Hazard is going to spend all his time on the wing and we'll see more of him in a central role of some sort. Something similar to how Dybala plays for Juve.

paulw66   
42 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

What? How are we less stretched compared to last season? 

All the players that are here now, was also here last season. Hazard and Pedro was here. Costa and Remy was also here. 

We've signed Michy but lost Falcao, Pato and seemingly Traore. One in and three out and we are less stretched? More wishful thinking than logical I'd say. 

Less stretched by less matches for one. 

Batschuyai, Kante, Moses, Caudrado have been added. 

Falcao and Pato started, what, 2 games between them?

So four in, 4 out (including Baba), 2 of whom played next to no minutes.

Edit - Pato, Falcao, Traore played 733 PL minutes last season. So if Batschuyai plays the equivalent of more than 8 games, we are better off in attack.  

Edited by paulw66

6 minutes ago, zaffo said:

Maybe when you look at it at face value, but based on what Conte is looking to do we're not really that worse off, if at all.

1 upfront system: Costa, Bats, Remy and then there's RLC, Hazard, Pedro to plug a gap if required.

2 upfront system: Costa, Bats, Remy, Hazard, RLC and Pedro all become options. The latter 3 being more of a second striker type. 

As I also said, if we do go with a two striker system then ideally another genuine CF would be ideal to give us another leading man and pushes Remy to forth choice. However, Traore was never really going to be that sort of option anyway. With the addition of Cuadrado and Moses out wide, it gives us that option to move a Pedro or Hazard further forward to play off a Costa or Bats if required anyway. 

I don't think Hazard is going to spend all his time on the wing and we'll see more of him in a central role of some sort. Something similar to how Dybala plays for Juve.

Yes that's all and well. 

But I still can't see how that is less stretched than last season. By definition you're wrong to say that. 

paulw66   
19 minutes ago, Alan Conway said:

I really think there should be a limit to how many players a club can loan out. That way this madness with this club can stop. 

What madness?

5 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

What madness?

Do I really need to answer that? How about 33 players on loan last season. You think that is acceptable? We are stock piling players for no reason at all. Were Pasalic, Pantic, Nathan, Omeruo, Wallace, Delac, Cuevas, to name a few, ever going to play here? 

Edited by Alan Conway

paulw66   
1 minute ago, Alan Conway said:

Do I really need to answer that? How about 33 players on loan last season. You think that is acceptable? We are stock piling players for no reason at all. Were Pasalic, Pantic, Nathan, Omeruo, Wallace, Delac, Cuevas, to name a few, ever going to play here? 

Acceptable? Yes, of course. It's not against the rules. What is it that bothers you about having 33 players out on loan?

1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

Less stretched by less matches for one. 

Batschuyai, Kante, Moses, Caudrado have been added. 

Falcao and Pato started, what, 2 games between them?

So four in, 4 out (including Baba), 2 of whom played next to no minutes. 

The discussion was solely for our striker options. 

Fewer games or not, we have less strikers now compared to last season and the ones zaffo says 'are options' were here last season as well. 

We Have three strikers if/when Traore leaves on loan. One will miss games through injury and suspensions. The second choice is a completely unknown quantity. The third will have had a great season if he's available for more than 15 games this season. 

I'd say we are incredibly stretched and thin up front. Even though Pato and Falcao didn't play much, they were part of the squad. Injuries will always happen which is why it's crazy to go into a new season with two injury prone strikers and a completely unknown quantity. 

The only position where we are reasonably well-stocked is at CM. Basically every other outfield position is light. At CM we have severe quality issues though. 

Imagine we get a few injuries beginning of the season? We'll be absolutely knee-deep in ****. Azpi, JT and Costa for any lengthier period of time and our season is over. 

I hope we get spanked by West Ham. Maybe then the clowns upstairs will wake the f up. 

4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Acceptable? Yes, of course. It's not against the rules. What is it that bothers you about having 33 players out on loan?

Because I feel 99% are out on loan because we really don't have a long term plan for them so just send them out for the sake of it. I am of the opinion that we should just shut down our academy and stop wasting money on it. Yes we are not breaking any rules but still doesn't make it right. 33 players on loan, just think about that. 

Edited by Alan Conway

cam4blue   
4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

What is it that bothers you about having 33 players out on loan?

3 whole teams worth of players, and none of them can play for the only team that should matter to us. 

Personally, it doesn't necessarily bother me; but I can empathise with those it does bother fairly easily.