Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

34,077 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

It's not disappointment as that would suggest a level of expectation. I think it is better described as resignation.

EDIT I think we're saving our pennies for the new stadium a la Arsenal. After all we're already becoming them on the pitch, may as well go the whole hog.

You're being modest. We're becoming Liverpool, not Arsenal. Arsenal is consistently in the CL. 

36 minutes ago, Dingus said:

Did you expect it to be this difficult to bring in players? - Conte: "I must be honest. We will have a problem to reach our target."

We've had all summer to reach our targets. It's frustrating to see some here with this "woe is me" attitude towards our club. "But but...we bid and it was rejected, what more can we do?!" You either conform to how the market is now or you get swept aside and accept mediocrity, something which we have already started last season. 

Did you expect it to be this difficult to bring in players? - Conte: "I must be honest. We will have a problem to reach our target."

Damn, was hoping we would win the EFL cup. oh well ;)

Why conform to the market, DannLB? Some are complaining that we are Arsenal, some are making it sound worse and that we are Liverpool.

Follow DannyLB's thinking and we could be Leeds come the end of the window!

13 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

We've had all summer to reach our targets. It's frustrating to see some here with this "woe is me" attitude towards our club. "But but...we bid and it was rejected, what more can we do?!" You either conform to how the market is now or you get swept aside and accept mediocrity, something which we have already started last season. 

What more can we do?? Move on to the next target and try again. That's what we can do. Not stick to one target whole window with no back up targets. Chelsea is like constantly courting that ungettable prom queen while disregarding other equally hot or hotter girls. Kouli or nothing madness.

Edited by Kezza

1 minute ago, Kezza said:

Kouli or nothing madness.

While it might have been true of last season with John Stones pursuit, that clearly hasn't been the case this season.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jars 99 said:

While it might have been true of last season with John Stones pursuit, that clearly hasn't been the case this season.

It was Kouli or nothing until the last week of this window.

Just now, Kezza said:

What more can we do?? Move on to the next target and try again. That's what we can do. Not stick to one target whole window with no back up targets. Chelsea is like constantly courting the prom queen while disregarding other equally hot or hotter girls. Kouli or nothing madness.

I agree with you. I'm not hell bent on one or two specific players for us to sign (aka Koulibaly or bust) but get it done already. We are a month late with the dealings we are doing now. The season started already. We simply do not want to spend. It's that simple. Overspending on someone like romagnoli is a lot cheaper in the long run than missing out on the champions league again. 

1 minute ago, DannyLB said:

I agree with you. I'm not hell bent on one or two specific players for us to sign (aka Koulibaly or bust) but get it done already. We are a month late with the dealings we are doing now. The season started already. We simply do not want to spend. It's that simple. Overspending on someone like romagnoli is a lot cheaper in the long run than missing out on the champions league again. 

We were lucky Cahill or Brana hasn't cost us a match yet to be honest. It seems though like we are intent on stretching the odds and testing that notion.