• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

DannyLB   
1 hour ago, Hugh Jars 99 said:

You think that the to pay £30m+ for Mane? £27m for Benteke? Is that how the market is now? Overpaying for average (at best) players.

Says everything I need to know of how little you know on how to run a business. Cushty

Yes, that is how the market is now. A player is worth what the club he is at deems him to be worth.

I do have my own business, thanks very much. I also have a finance degree.

Edited by DannyLB
spelling

15 minutes ago, Dingus said:

So because he's invested x amount into the club, you think it's acceptable for him to shut up shop and we just make do with what we've got now?

It's because we invested in top quality players that we got to where we are. And it's a failure to continue this trend that we find ourselves in the position we're in.

It's because he invested money in to the club in the first place your expectations are high.  Without that investment it is very unlikely we would have had the success we have.

It is his money, he has the right to do what  he wants with it.  We should be grateful for what he has done and hope that his strategy moving forward proves successful.  Who can blame him for not wanting to invest another billion and try a different route?

When I read on here people complaining about Roman it makes me smile.  Give me him over Uncle Ken any day! 

I'll have a meltdown if we haven't signed a  CB or LB by time the window closes, no point stressing before then. I expect a lot of movement on Monday with the international break starting, 

Someone made a point to me earlier. We got Kante and Bats this window - both were needed, done relatively early and have been so far excellent. Credit is due there. 

The issue is that we didn't get a top class defender and FB back then and still haven't. 

The club have been awful in how they handled this window in many ways, and need to improve in future, it's simply not been good enough in terms of getting defenders in. 

But on the positive side big bids have clearly been made for more than one player. And the players we have got have been good signings, unlike last year arguably. The club do seem to be trying st least.

But they really should have pulled one off by now, to be honest. 

Leo91   

Fair enough we can't secure any top targets due to tough sellers. But don't loan out the likes of Nathan Ake and Tomas Kalas who are more than good enough to stick around in case we don't secure a signing. It's shocking planning. 

• Like 1

DannyLB   
2 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Fair enough we can't secure any top targets due to tough sellers. But don't loan out the likes of Nathan Ake and Tomas Kalas who are more than good enough to stick around in case we don't secure a signing. It's shocking planning. 

Nonsense, just be patient, the club is trying, it's not their fault at all.

Lot of back seat drivers here.  I was on a 1000 mile car trip back to London on Tuesday, and got lost somewhere around Essen and it was touch and go for 6 hours whether I would make the Euroshuttle I had booked.  Thankfully I was alone, I can just imagine if I had had my wife or some of the posters here nagging me about getting there on time.  

I hope Marina is taking care of business and not reading this thread.

14 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Lot of back seat drivers here.  I was on a 1000 mile car trip back to London on Tuesday, and got lost somewhere around Essen and it was touch and go for 6 hours whether I would make the Euroshuttle I had booked.  Thankfully I was alone, I can just imagine if I had had my wife or some of the posters here nagging me about getting there on time.  

I hope Marina is taking care of business and not reading this thread.

Who did Mr Putin have you poison with plutonium in Łódź, then?

Leo91   
43 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

Nonsense, just be patient, the club is trying, it's not their fault at all.

Not their fault for loaning out defenders?