• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Sciatika   

Buit doesn't the Olympics prove that if you want to be successful just throw a large fortune into training your team. Each medal cost about £5.5m.

cam4blue   
1 minute ago, Sciatika said:

Buit doesn't the Olympics prove that if you want to be successful just throw a large fortune into training your team. 

No. 

If I spent £5.5m training you, could you beat Usain Bolt in a race? No. How about if I treble that? Still no. He's better than you, no matter what I do. 

If I wanted someone as fast as Usain Bolt on my team, I would need to buy Usain Bolt. 

haifarul   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Polonium, manufactured apparently in only one particular nuclear laboratory in Russia (or perhaps in any laboratory in the world).  

There was a guy there who had been telling stories about Putin for a decade, but finally boss Putin had enough.  So I did my research and found the slowest working poison known to man, then being a KGB agent I of course spread traces of the Polonium about London, slipped some into his tea at a top class hotel, and now we have to wait 2 or 3 weeks until he dies.  That should keep him quite, he'll be too scared to tell anymore of his red hot secrets to the world.

Thank you comrade Troll for putting across the party line.The Warsaw station is very pleased with your efforts,although try to keep it to football if possible. 

Ham   
50 minutes ago, haifarul said:

Thank you comrade Troll for putting across the party line.The Warsaw station is very pleased with your efforts,although try to keep it to football if possible. 

This thread has taken an unexpected turn. Let's try again. 

IMG-20160804-WA0005.jpg

• Like 1

Zoowraa   
2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Most Chelsea based rumours currently seem to be about Marcelo Brozovic.

Italian media are confident both João Mário and Gabriel Barbosa (aka Gabigol) will join Inter very shortly (some even claiming João Mário a done deal) for around €70m combined, which means (with FFP in mind) Brozovic can leave. Inter want €30m

Brozovic is a box-to-box player who likes to run late into the box from deep just like SFL did. I'm not saying he's anywhere near as good, but it's been a while since we had anyone who regularly did late runs into the box from deep positions.

Seen a bit of him last season and euros and he looks a good player, though I'm not sure what Conte might have planned for him. Most of the times I have seen him it has been in more of a central role and I think he falls in the 3/5 man midfield best , rather than a four. Have seen him play wide right, but not as a wide player who takes players on, more of a tucked in central player in that type of role.

The thing I don't really get is Inter have used him a fair bit over last season and he did well and made an impact off the bench at times too, yet I get the impression they are keen to move him on. Quite a few clubs linked with him over the last 6/9 months and not too sure why Inter seem willing to do business on him, when their stance with other good players like Icardi and Peresic seem to suggest they don't want to do business there.

4 minutes ago, Zoowraa said:

Seen a bit of him last season and euros and he looks a good player, though I'm not sure what Conte might have planned for him. Most of the times I have seen him it has been in more of a central role and I think he falls in the 3/5 man midfield best , rather than a four. Have seen him play wide right, but not as a wide player who takes players on, more of a tucked in central player in that type of role.

The thing I don't really get is Inter have used him a fair bit over last season and he did well and made an impact off the bench at times too, yet I get the impression they are keen to move him on. Quite a few clubs linked with him over the last 6/9 months and not too sure why Inter seem willing to do business on him, when their stance with other good players like Icardi and Peresic seem to suggest they don't want to do business there.

I would say the most likely reasons are that they have some sort of agreement with him that means if he meets certain targets they have to pay him a substantial sum or he is a bit of a bell end.  

Zoowraa   
3 minutes ago, sebcfc said:

I would say the most likely reasons are that they have some sort of agreement with him that means if he meets certain targets they have to pay him a substantial sum or he is a bit of a bell end.  

Yeah maybe. It might be to fund Gabriel Barbosa too who they feel can make a big impact and sell on for big money in future. I just find it a little odd and get the feeling they have been touting him out to clubs for a while now, but still using him as an important player.

I must admit I have a soft spot for talented Croatian midfielders over the last few years, so would be happy to have him here.

24 minutes ago, Zoowraa said:

Yeah maybe. It might be to fund Gabriel Barbosa too who they feel can make a big impact and sell on for big money in future. I just find it a little odd and get the feeling they have been touting him out to clubs for a while now, but still using him as an important player.

I must admit I have a soft spot for talented Croatian midfielders over the last few years, so would be happy to have him here.

I think I read somewhere that they needed to find around €45m to meet their FFP obligations. With the imminent arrivals of João Mário and Gabriel Barbosa adding probably another €2-3m to that figure, €30m for Brozovic goes a long way to helping clear the "debt"

Interesting quotes coming out from Conte. Basically saying there is big money available but he wanted it spent on great players, and not settle for slightly lesser players. Problem we seem to have had is simply the players we want aren't for sale and as we don't want to compromise on quality we are struggling to get the players we really want. 

Suggests maybe it's not simply the board being rubbish. Maybe Conte is determined to get the right player, not just any player. Kind of admire that.

Only real hope of a CB now is if Napoli sign Makisvovic & Mangala, as expected, and then allow us to go for Kaloubilaly - who by the way has still not signed the alleged contract extension. I do have a suspicion they have been waiting to get their replacements before selling - hope it's true as then we might get the CB the squad needs. 

I am definitely hopeful on Alonso and Brozovic who does seem to be a Lampard-type (and only 24, so young enough to improve). Just hope we can get a CB in. And that, finally, Chelsea board learn the lessons and do things right next summer.

We'll see.

Edited by James Prescott

The most desperate position we're in need of is a left footed LB that is at a better quality level than Bane; that for me is the transfer that must happen before all others. Obviously, after that a left footed ball playing CB would be nice, ideally we'd get Romagnoli as I think he'll be a great player and we can give him this year to settle in, however if it was Koulibaly I'd also be happy so long as it's not over £50m (even with my stance of not really caring about fees). As for Brozovic he for me is a strange one, as numbers wise we're ok for CM's (although could admittedly do with another mobile one and most certainly one that'll get more than seven goals a season) but it all seems a bit last minute for me. The only way I see Brozovic coming in is as a replacment for Mikel and/or Chabolah, as I don't see us selling Cesc and it appears Matic is liked by Conte.  

Edited by sebcfc