• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Zoowraa   
10 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Decent signing if it comes off, probably a few million too much but most players are at present.

I presume this won't be the only defender though. Alonso is more of a full back for me, I know it mentions he has played in a 3, but the majority of games I have seen of him have been at full back. He just seems a different type to the likes of Koulibaly ,Romgnoli, Manolas etc who we have been linked with. These are genuine CB's and I just don't see Alonso as a CB opinion in a 3. Hopefully a genuine CB option joins as well.

Sounds like the Defender No 6 (after Zouma) we need most desperately.  Perhaps we are paying EUR 10mn too much for him instead of paying 20mn too much for someone else.

BlueFizz   

Can we please just stop the Zouma BS - he isn't going anywhere.

That's certain.

You can take it from me.

I am not an ITK but neither am I a GFI - first word is Gullible, third is Idiot - I leave you all to deduce what the F stands for.

It's just stopping this thread being interesting - someone posts a random link, someone else bites, a third person talks about how badly run the club is...

Edited by BlueFizz

56 minutes ago, Alan Conway said:

Somebody please put my mind at rest regarding Kurt Zouma, surely we ain't letting him go? 

1) Conte has been decrying our lack of defenders so I hardly think he's going to give the OK to the club to further deplete the numbers.
2) A certain somebody believes the story (because it's from his favourite twit), which means it's obviously wrong.

Hope that's put your mind at rest. ;-)

cam4blue   
On 8/27/2016 at 9:08 AM, Sciatika said:

If I were nearly as good as Bolt and someone were to give me the money so I could get the best trainers and train full time (and I had the will and were 35 years younger) , I would have a bigger chance to match or be better than him. The margins are very fine in elite sport. We see that in the prem where anyone can win on their day. The hyperbole frequently expressed on this site, that players are either duds or not is nonsense. There is a sliding scale and variances. There's a reason our squad train every day? It's to push the players to be the best that they can be, to condition them and to omit the variances. So, if I wanted someone as fast as Usain Bolt, I would consider getting Bolt but I would also look at people nearly as fast. I would have more options.

So, all we've got to do is find someone nearly as good as Bolt, and buy them? 

And if we do that, we can prove that spending millions on training kids from the ground up is the way forward? As opposed to finding players who are at the top level or nearly at the top level, and buying them? 

Zoowraa   
36 minutes ago, Alec_Cobas said:

Ausilio, Inter's sporting director, said that Brozovic will stay with them (Jovetic is the one who will be sold).

He was an unused sub tonight in a match that was crying out for his introduction . May or may not mean anything , but after the money Inter have spent (£80 odd million) , it would seem that they will be selling a couple of players I would suspect.

Zoowraa   

I think many PL clubs are missing out by letting Oliver Burke head to Germany. This lad looks a real talent, really surprised no English club is taking the punt here. Whilst £13 million looks a lot for a lad with very few appearances , I think this £13 million will look a bargain in 3/4 years time. I was hoping we would be looking at him closely.

9 minutes ago, Zoowraa said:

He was an unused sub tonight in a match that was crying out for his introduction . May or may not mean anything , but after the money Inter have spent (£80 odd million) , it would seem that they will be selling a couple of players I would suspect.

My thoughts too. They were already in trouble regarding FFP before the acquisitions of Gabigol and João Mário, so I can't see how loaning Jovotic to Fiorentina helps. They will have to sell someone. I expect they're just trying to drive up the price. Of course, when one club HAS to sell, there's only so much brinkmanship they can indulge in.