• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

22 minutes ago, Gormangorman said:

According to Darren Lewis Daily Mirror: Resigning David Luiz will be only piece of Chelsea business before Transfer deadline day

Embarrassing all around......Mid table beckons.

Because this Darren Lewis says? begs the question surely - how would he know?

52 minutes ago, zaffo said:

I'm curious to know who these ball-playing central defenders are that are of the quality we need? You know, the sort that can seamlessly step into the first team.

If you're referring to any regular Joe defender who doesn't really have the quality to step into the first team and is likely surplus to requirements in 12 months time, no thanks. Rather we just give those squad positions to Clarke-Salter, Miazga, Tomori and keep the money.

With the way some complain about not giving youth a chance, he's an opportunity to do that in the short term opposed to buying players simply not good enough to fill a squad. 

Doh!

why does it have to be a ball playing CB we don't have one and have a 100% record in the PL.

The only deliverable this season is top 4, As I have said on several occasions buying a world class CB can until the club is in a better position to offer CL football and selling clubs have forgotten about the latest sky TV deal

I think that we're in line to sign Victor Lindelof (CB/RB), Marcos Alonso (LB), and Marcelo Brozovic (MF). Just based on what I've been reading, and where. Of course, we'll find out soon enough, but if true, then I guess that would make many here happy?

Harvz   

Chelsea fans love Luiz. Every opposition's fans also love Luiz. No thank you.

Sea foot   

I never believe any transfer rumour, but.........

David Luiz?

Yes please.

xCELERYx   
1 minute ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Doh!

why does it have to be a ball playing CB we don't have one and have a 100% record in the PL.

The only deliverable this season is top 4, As I have said on several occasions buying a world class CB can until the club is in a better position to offer CL football and selling clubs have forgotten about the latest sky TV deal

Have you been living under a rock the last few months? It's been quite clear that Conte is chasing a ball-playing central defender, you only have to look as far as the players we've chased and been linked with to see the connection.

There's the bigger picture to consider here and obtaining a good quality ball-playing centre back opens us up to play more like Conte desires. It means the 4-2-4 becomes more effective as the CB offers another passer, while being able to step into midfield. It makes a 3-5-2 another option down the track with a few more additional pieces. You only need to have see Conte's teams to know the huge advantage and difference having this sort of CB offers and why he's not settling for just any old player.

That said, I'm still waiting for these names...

Kezza   

Geez. The **** on the wall and see which stick approach by the club on transfers is embarassing. Luiz? Seriously? Just when everyone says the club knows what they are doing. At worst please dont bid 50M and take him back. That will make us the biggest joke of a club. Let the transfer window close already. I fear for stupid transfers in the last moments.

Edited by Kezza

10 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

I think that we're in line to sign Victor Lindelof (CB/RB), Marcos Alonso (LB), and Marcelo Brozovic (MF). Just based on what I've been reading, and where. Of course, we'll find out soon enough, but if true, then I guess that would make many here happy?

Goodness I hope you are right Michael Tucker.

Nevertheless, the club have had about 9 months to sort out the defence and they leave it until the last day of the window?

8 minutes ago, zaffo said:

Have you been living under a rock the last few months? It's been quite clear that Conte is chasing a ball-playing central defender, you only have to look as far as the players we've chased and been linked with to see the connection.

???  None of which has been bought.  All one can say is that journos are putting "ball playing CBs" into google and writing what comes up into a story.