• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

6 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

I think that we're in line to sign Victor Lindelof (CB/RB), Marcos Alonso (LB), and Marcelo Brozovic (MF). Just based on what I've been reading, and where. Of course, we'll find out soon enough, but if true, then I guess that would make many here happy?

Not me; we need attackers desperately and a CB only if a superb player good enough to displace an incumbent now but with his whole career ahead of him suddenly becomes available. And personally I think there is no chance of us bringing in three players today. Just bloody hope we're done shifting the ones we have out.

5 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Le Parisien, who broke reported the Kante transfer, have confirmed reported a bid of £35m for Luiz. 

http://www.leparisien.fr/sports/football/psg/psg-chelsea-a-fait-une-offre-pour-david-luiz-30-08-2016-6081213.php#xtor=AD-1481423553

I miss the word 'reported'. Good word. Good, 99-out-100-times-more-accurate word.

3 minutes ago, jones said:

I think it is clear as day Conte wants a ball playing center back. It really is 2+2.

Irony? Or has this expression been Jamie Redknapped too?

Just been watching some videos of Alonso, looks like a decent enough player but my word he looks slow, incredibly slow. 

Someone who has actually seen more of him than a few youtube videos please tell me he is not as slow as he appears. Please....

BlueFizz   

Setting aside the merits and shortcomings of Luiz as a player, it all seems so convenient for Sky and the Mail.

They quote 'sources' - there's a click-through frenzy and actually nothing else. You can just see their copy when it fails to happen (because they made it up): 'couldn't get that one over the line...' Or 'deal fell apart over image rights...'

Classic deadline day 'sting' I reckon - and we avid scoop readers are getting stung.

Funnily enough, with Conte screaming into his perm, I think Luiz might be quite effective.

Zoowraa   
4 hours ago, zaffo said:

Would welcome Luiz back with open arms. Never thought we should have sold him to begin with, but hopefully with a return and with a manager who actually knows how to utilise the sort of defender he is, he'll make a difference. Good age bracket, reasonable price and wouldn't require time to settle at the club or in London. Ideal really from that stand point.

Also provides another much needed leader within the squad who has tremendous passion when on the pitch. 

Some reports are suggesting he's travelling for a medical. So, we'll see if it happens.

Here here. This would be a fantastic addition if it comes off

Zoowraa   
4 hours ago, kev61 said:

Name one player that has left a club and returned better to the same club that he left?.Why are we clutching with straws?

Le Saux......not that many have returned and I have given you an answer.........so it highlights how pointless your question was

5 hours ago, kev61 said:

Name one player that has left a club and returned better to the same club that he left?.Why are we clutching with straws?

Matic :) 

Holymoly   
9 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Bob - when are the club going to learn about buying other top European clubs rejects?

Surely every transfer is of another club's reject?

Holymoly   
5 hours ago, kev61 said:

Winston Churchill said,'the best argument against democracy was to have a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.After all we have been through with Luiz do we really want him back?

What? Winning the Champions League?

Edited by Holymoly

Holymoly   

While I would applaud the signing of David Luiz I can't really see it happening if I'm honest. However what most of his critics are ignoring is that besides being a centre back he can also play right back and in front of the back four. More importantly however he also brings drive, commitment and leadership to a squad that is inherently lacking these qualities if Terry isn't there. He also brings back a bit of character to the club which is in danger of becoming a little too "grey".

Scooba   

I would be delighted if we managed to sign Brozovic and a decent CB (not Luiz please) on top of Alonso today. 

Kante, Batshuayi, Alonso, Brozovic and a CB represents a very successful window for us IMO. I think it's unlikely however.