• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

16 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

What he means is that many years later Steve Bruce bragged that he had done a deal with Chelsea to buy a young JT for 750k,  Nobody else has told this story, and in fact Bruce got sacked a few months later, and the team dropped down to Division 3, two levels in 3 years.

One of those "you can believe Steve Bruce or you can use your own commonsense" stories.

You are a prize prat sometimes Droy.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/huddersfield-town-john-Terry-transfer-10554083

Hmmm if the choice is between Ogbonna and Luiz , I'm gonna go with Luiz thanks.

5 hours ago, kev61 said:

Name one player that has left a club and returned better to the same club that he left?.Why are we clutching with straws?

Mark Hughes................................................................For all of David Luiz's poor traits, he also has some excellent ones - as long as he still has the desire to succeed, lead he'd be OK for me.

If Kante stays fit great, if he doesn't Luiz offers an acceptable 2nd choice.

Harvz   
6 hours ago, kev61 said:

Name one player that has left a club and returned better to the same club that he left?.Why are we clutching with straws?

article-2364091-1ACD3809000005DC-237_634

6 hours ago, kev61 said:

I'm gonna pile on too..... Matic 

Edited by JamesEsquire

paulw66   
15 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Very alarmed by the Remy loan, but not even slightly surprised; I have said many times that my transfer concern is less who comes in and more that we make a habit of shifting players out very late in the window. Remy is rarely fit and seems to struggle playing as is demanded here, but he is at least a senior body. We really, really cannot afford to be a senior body down, and especially not where we have an injury/suspension-prone player, a player new to the league and literally no one else (RLC, give me strength). And if his weaknesses are why he is gone, it should have been weeks ago and for whatever money could have been recouped; either he has a future here or doesn't.

If you believe the bold bit, who cares he has gone?

14 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Was about to post the same link. With Kanté ahead of him, I'd be less concerned about his "brain fart moments"  At 29 he still has years in him, and obviously he has huge experience and leadership qualities. In two minds... used to frustrate me so much when he was here, yet kinda miss him.

Agreed entirely. Loved his passion. 

13 hours ago, chelboy said:

David Luiz? Seriously. Have people forgotten what kind of defender he is. I am surprised so many on this forum want him back. I would rather keep Terry till 45 than buy Luiz back. He is and has never been aware of danger. Once a player can not sense danger he is not meant to be a defender. Luiz lacks tactical discipline and position sense. I dont care if he is a great ball playing defender...he simply can not defend consistently.  Sorry but this would be one of the worst transfers we have made . I think people have forgotten him. There are many defenders out there better who are younger we just have to pay a hefty price. Luiz is not better than Zouma, Cahill or Terry.

You obviously listened to the media very closely. You don't get 50+ caps for Brazil being as bad as you make out. He is in a different league to Cahill. 

13 hours ago, chara said:

Luiz!! are you all insane?..does nobody remember his "leadership" for Brazil in the WC? I loved the guys enthusiasm and commitment but was forever on edge watching him. Remember the Swansea game ?

Maybe in midfield but at the back? and he is another yellow/red waiting to happen..remember the Brentford game etc? remember..Oh never mind seems folks don't.

The Brentford game we won 4-0? What about it? What Swansea game?

13 hours ago, Sir said:

He acted like an asshole when he played against us for PSG. Calamity Luiz.

You mean he celebrated scoring a very important goal? What a tosser.