• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

2 minutes ago, kratos said:

It was not the first name that came to mind but I would take him over a Djilobodji or a Hector any day of the week.

And that is why it makes even more sense. Imagine the welcome he will get! 

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I do hope we get the Geezer back , passionate, funny , mental and can defend a bit too , not perfectly but as well as John Stones does.

Boom! 

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I do hope we get the Geezer back , passionate, funny , mental and can defend a bit too , not perfectly but as well as John Stones does.

Didn't Luiz play well against Diego in the CL? Luiz scored too didn't he?

9 minutes ago, chelsea_matt said:

Didn't Luiz play well against Diego in the CL? Luiz scored too didn't he?

One of the reasons I like him is he isn't afraid to give some out , he'd be a great buy in comparison to some mentioned. Hope it's not all cobblers though!

JaneB   
9 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I get both sides of the argument here, but as someone who goes regularly to watch, Luiz is the kind of guy who puts a smile on your face. Fantastic talent if it can be harnessed the right way, and a passion for the game that we so sadly lacked last season. 

Last season was so un-enjoyable from a spectator standpoint - if he comes back, I will be smiling, big time. 

..................yes, until he makes an horrendous mistake as he undoubtedly will and we then all agree it was a ridiculous decision to bring him back.

But having said that, I can't deny I'm over excited.  A one-off, I loved his passion, leadership and personality!!! 

One thing about the deals for Luiz, Alonso & Abdennour is the depth it provides our back 4. We're now looking at Cesar Azpi, Ivan, Terry, Zouma, Cahill, Luiz, Abdennour, Alonso, Aina provided those deals do go through. It gives us an ease of mind because before those 3, any injury to our defenders and we were looking at a crisis.

Not convinced that Luiz is the right deal, however. He's 29 so whatever player he's been before this, he's presumably going to be that same player for the rest of his career. Error-prone, loss of concentratio/focus but flashes of brilliance. It's nice because he meant a lot to the fans when he was here but if anything, this deal would make me question what exactly the board are doing even more.

How can we have sold a defender two years ago for a good bit of money only to have failed to replace him, or brought in someone of better quality, and ended up going back to re-sign him? It's a clear sign of how our transfer policy, whatever it may be, has failed us these past few transfer windows.

chara   
5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

If you believe the bold bit, who cares he has gone?

Agreed entirely. Loved his passion. 

You obviously listened to the media very closely. You don't get 50+ caps for Brazil being as bad as you make out. He is in a different league to Cahill. 

The Brentford game we won 4-0? What about it? What Swansea game?

You mean he celebrated scoring a very important goal? What a tosser. 

Luiz took out a Brentford player very cynically and nastily in the replay..had it been Costa  he would have been banned forever. The press made a big deal of it and I'm sure others here can come up with other examples..and the Swansea game? Pretty sure it was Swansea when he "peeled" off as the ball was going back to PC and gave the oppo player a clear run on the goal to score..If my memory serves me right he was dropped next game.

In the WC "massacre" by Germany he was like a chicken with his head cut off...again there is more to him than criticism but the balance has to be looked at as with Costa does his good outweigh his bad or visa versa?

I loved his commitment and give it all but always waited for a "moment".