• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Actually, with the new signings (Alonso confirmed, Luiz about to have a medical) we could actually line up as a 4-2-4 or 3-5-2 which we've not really been able to do so far. That means two strikers starting, so 3rd striker is no longer so far down the pecking order as when we only play one up front. If that striker is also adept at playing wide, it would give additional cover/alternatives to Hazard, Willian, Pedro and Moses.

I agree, but then I'd say 3 strikers for 2 positions isn't enough

StebzAno   
53 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Speaking as one of those who was slagging off the scouting/negotiating/signing team I'd like to thank them for making this one of the best transfer windows for a while. Maybe not the players they were intending to sign, and hopefully not as quickly as they would have liked but we got there in the end. Cover in defense.

Wonder if DL has hung onto his condo overlooking the Thames?

Here, here.  I feel the same, Chelsea have done really well.  A solid Kante, already scoring Batshuayi and a new LB, plus another keeper.  I'm not convinced about Luiz but I could be over judging him on his last years with Chelsea a little.  All boxes ticked for me this window.

41 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Hasn't he been disposed of? Certainly Unassigned according to the website.

To think I got a bit of stick in January about Pato and Miazga.  I was told give them time, when clearly they weren't ever going to offer anything.  Glad that's behind us now.

51 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Jose got rid of him and Mata because he didn't like them being more popular with Chelsea fans than he was. 

Conte seems to me to have all the 'positive craziness' of Jose but without the 'nasty, it's all about me' side. 

Oooooo careful Jane, some sensitive souls on here and won't like that, haha.

1 hour ago, DannyLB said:

Meanwhile, Juan Cuadrado is returning to Juventus with a new three-year loan agreement finalised today...

Sometimes, we're straight up mugs.

3 year loan deal?! What on earth is the point of that? They better be paying a decent loan fee for that, doubt they will be though. Embarrassing for the club to be honest

6 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

Meanwhile, Juan Cuadrado is returning to Juventus with a new three-year loan agreement finalised today...

3 year loan??? Hope they're paying us around £7.5m a year loan fee and all of his wages!

Holymoly   
12 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

There has to come a time when UEFA sets out that if you loan a player you have to stump up the wages, otherwise we're subsidising Juve's push for the Serie A title.

DannyLB   
Just now, Holymoly said:

There has to come a time when UEFA sets out that if you loan a player you have to stump up the wages, otherwise we're subsidising Juve's push for the Serie A title.

Thought this was the case already or at the very least open to negotiation...