Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Luiz, Zouma, Alonso, Aina

Kanté, Fàbregas, Matic, Oscar, Mikel, Chalobah

Hazard, Willian, Moses, Pedro

Costa, Batshuayi, Loftus-Cheek

6 Home Grown
16 Non HG
2 U-21
Underlined = Final Year of Contract

Hands up, I'm in the not at all happy camp; personally think we've shipped out players in positions we need numbers in and are spending what is surely a huge sum on a position we don't need for a player (who I like very much and was an avid defender of here, in stark contrast to many of those who seem happy in this thread ... Is it just transfers you guys like?) who we haven't really missed in their absence.

I'll be crossing my fingers that Luiz is somehow not the last signing of the day and that an attacking player is coming in, but I'm not daft enough to expect that.

• Like 1

Been amused at all the Man U fans calling us fickle and dim over so much joy at bringing Dave back today. Obviously , we all know what his issue is but he brings more good than bad, is a star and my Italian mate reckons that Conte cured similar problems in an older Barzagli and Luiz has a better natural ability than he ever had. If anyone can stop the tactical lapses and defensive brain farts its Conte. If he does wholl be laughing?

Sciatika   

I'm really pleased with this. I may be on my own about that but I miss his enthusiam. Yes, he has a mistake in him but his qualities more than make up. I have been telling everyone all day that we won't get him so I wouldn't be disappointed.

• Like 1

JaneB   
45 minutes ago, StebzAno said:

Here, here.  I feel the same, Chelsea have done really well.  A solid Kante, already scoring Batshuayi and a new LB, plus another keeper.  I'm not convinced about Luiz but I could be over judging him on his last years with Chelsea a little.  All boxes ticked for me this window.

To think I got a bit of stick in January about Pato and Miazga.  I was told give them time, when clearly they weren't ever going to offer anything.  Glad that's behind us now.

Oooooo careful Jane, some sensitive souls on here and won't like that, haha.

No, one of them hasn't but hey ho.  As I told him, I was being a bit mischievous, although not entirely.

Thank you for injecting a bit of humour anyway StebzAno :-)

6 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Hands up, I'm in the not at all happy camp; personally think we've shipped out players in positions we need numbers in and are spending what is surely a huge sum on a position we don't need for a player (who I like very much and was an avid defender of here, in stark contrast to many of those who seem happy in this thread ... Is it just transfers you guys like?) who we haven't really missed in their absence.

I'll be crossing my fingers that Luiz is somehow not the last signing of the day and that an attacking player is coming in, but I'm not daft enough to expect that.

If Batshuayi picks up an injury at the same time as Costa gets a 3 match ban for looking at a linesman in a funny way, then we are indeed stuffed! Mind you, we are better off than last season when we had a forever injured Remy, a pointless Pato and a superfluous Falcao.

haifarul   

Can't believe this a genuine Conte target.Not even a top 3 choice.Have seen him 'defend' in the WC,against top sides in the CL.Suarez just took the piss,more nutmegs than a  one defender can take without benching himself.We need a propa' CB not a Geezer.