• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

2 hours ago, Kezza said:

Excellent reply. Applause.

Sorry , I was only pulling your leg !

42 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

He's back - fee agreed, medical now, shampoo and conditioner licensing rights may delay signing until close to midnight.

Brilliant. 

Well chuffed with this signing. I've met walls with bigger personalities than most of our current lot so this is a nice surprise on deadline day. 

Passion. Technical ability. Drive. Will. He will be exactly what this team needs to kill themselves up a bit. But with Cuadrado, Kenedy and Remy leaving we do look light in key positions. Only six players for the one striker and two wingers in our go to system... That's light. 

Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Moses

Costa, Bats

If we somehow managed to pull a rabbit out of the hat in the next few hours I'd be delighted. 

GURJ SS   

Our club as a whole are a bunch of nutters, which is why David Luiz is perfect for us; he may not be the best at defending but his personality and drive will inject much needed passion back into the club.

chelboy   

I think well get a striker in January. The Solanke and RLC experiment probably wont work. I would have kept Traore or Remy at least till January.

Just now, chelboy said:

I think well get a striker in January. The Solanke and RLC experiment probably wont work. I would have kept Traore or Remy at least till January.

It isn't an experiment, just a bluff.  Even Traore has been shown to be not a serious contender.  

I'm beginning to feel that this season has been written off already - which makes me wonder why we are buying a CB just 16 months younger than Cahill and 3 years younger than Ivanovic - hardly a long term investment.

John Doh   
8 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Brilliant. 

Well chuffed with this signing. I've met walls with bigger personalities than most of our current lot so this is a nice surprise on deadline day. 

Passion. Technical ability. Drive. Will. He will be exactly what this team needs to kill themselves up a bit. But with Cuadrado, Kenedy and Remy leaving we do look light in key positions. Only six players for the one striker and two wingers in our go to system... That's light. 

Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Moses

Costa, Bats

If we somehow managed to pull a rabbit out of the hat in the next few hours I'd be delighted. 

3 5 2

Terry luiz cahill

azpi matic fabregas kante moses

costa hazard

haifarul   
4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

It isn't an experiment, just a bluff.  Even Traore has been shown to be not a serious contender.  

I'm beginning to feel that this season has been written off already - which makes me wonder why we are buying a CB just 16 months younger than Cahill and 3 years younger than Ivanovic - hardly a long term investment.

Can't believe myself but I agree with you  on this point,well I am big enough to admit it.

Huge fan of David Luiz, excited for him to be back.  Yes he has his moments but as others have said, he brings excitement and passion that this team sorely lacks.  Looking at the CB situation now, we have JT, Cahill, Luiz, and Zouma.  Next year Christensen will come into the mix.  The ages of these 5 actually work out perfectly.  JT is going to be gone in the next year or two, so he doesn't necessarily block Christensen from the first team.  Then another year or two down the line Cahill will be gone and Luiz will be on the bench while we have Zouma and Christensen as our starters.  If we stay with a 4 back then we are set at CB for years to come.  If we switch to a 3 back then maybe need another one but you have to be excited about both the present and future of our backline