• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Three cheers for Mikel!! 

How is he still here? Having said that he'll get games, time we moved on and sadly the re -signing of Luiz is desperation. There is clearly a plan but Alonso & Sideshow are second choice and I agree with those who refer to Bertrand and Luis. Alonso has to be better than Baba and challenge or what is the point? JT dropped for Luiz? Cahill is playing well. Brana dropped? Meanwhile the forwards are under no pressure. RLC? We haemorrhaged players out again and really if they're not good enough let's sell them.

59 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

There is essentially no competition for places anywhere but at CB now, which is ridiculous. Tell me that RLC (sorry, but LOL) is 'competition' for Costa with a straight face; he's not even competition for those in his actual position. Then tell me that Pedro or Moses are competition for Hazard, and that Hazard will ever be in a position to be dropped or rested this season.

Two players for every position ... Who goes in when Kante gets injured or suspended? How many full backs do we have again. 

You're buzzing from signings and that's fine ... But the squad is a clear mess.

Its not realistic to expect to have cover for the likes of Hazard or Kante, purely because they're head and shoulders above most players in world football in their positions.

Mikel, Pedro and Moses aren't world beaters, but crucially they are good enough to mix it up so Hazard et al don't need to play 90 every week if required.

loftus cheek might not be good enough to push Costa, but he and Chalobah should be pushing Matic. Cesc can push Oscar. Batshuayi looks a top player and future legend. 

If we were playing European games too I'd agree that we need more quality, but we can win the league with our current squad imo. 

Scooba   
1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Very rude opening, perhaps to distract attention from what you say after which is hopeful conjecture and little else. We have already seen most of the attacking options we have be flogged; how do you square an argument that we have only 4 positions but that there will be significant and meaningful rotation? Directly contradictory. 

There is essentially no competition for places anywhere but at CB now, which is ridiculous. Tell me that RLC (sorry, but LOL) is 'competition' for Costa with a straight face; he's not even competition for those in his actual position. Then tell me that Pedro or Moses are competition for Hazard, and that Hazard will ever be in a position to be dropped or rested this season.

Two players for every position ... Who goes in when Kante gets injured or suspended? How many full backs do we have again?

You're buzzing from signings and that's fine ... But the squad is a clear mess.

😂😂 Yep, this one I am going to ignore. 

Take note of bluecueball's response^^

xCELERYx   
9 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

I don't know about Ash, by the time he went he was really on his last legs, as seen with his complete inability to cope with Serie A. However, going from Bertrand/Luis to Baba was a joke, whoever was involved in that process shouldn't be allowed to deal with transfers again as we went from possibly having the best LB combo in world football to a player that would've struggled with Championship football. As for Alonso, I think people are slightly talking him down, as I think he'll be a solid player for us who won't ever be amazing, but will always do a job when required - think Paulo/Dave. My only real concern with him is pace, but Zaf seems to think that isn't an issue and he has probably seen more of him than most of us in the last two years.

I think the Paulo comparison is fair, though Alonso will offer a bit more going forward and more of an attacking threat. As for his pace, he's not quick by any means but his stride is long and he has quick feet for someone his size. His physical attributes aid his ability to muscle past players, but I've also seen him knock balls beyond and win a foot race. As long as people aren't expecting Roberto Carlos like surging run down the flank, then I can see him being a reliable player for us going forward. With the added versatility that we see with Belletti, allowing Conte flexibility.

kev61   
On Wednesday, August 31, 2016 at 4:36 PM, BlueFizz said:

If it's true, if Sideshow is really on a Eurostar, then I feel weirdly happy!

Yes he's a bloody liability at times, yes he does those crazy walkabouts out of defense, only to lose the ball, yes he only scores one in twenty of his weird dinked free kicks... but in some way I feel he's our bloody liability!

I think it's called 'adding colour'

I Iike This.I have had time to think.luiz can play centre half and midfield - but the thing he will bring to us is his enthusiasm.look we all know there is something missing between the ears in footballing terms - but he will never be part of the zombieism that mourhino preferred.I am 100% we will finish in the top four,50% in the top two and 25% 

8 hours ago, Scooba said:

😂😂 Yep, this one I am going to ignore. 

Take note of bluecueball's response^^

Hmmm.

There is, IMO, an increasing amount of aggression, hostility and plain intolerance of non-consensus views on this forum. It's sad, really; used to be the one thing that separated it from RAWK, BlueMoon, Redcafe ... Guess it's easier to be rude than it is to make and stand by a position.

Edited by thevelourfog

Holymoly   
53 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Hmmm.

There is, IMO, an increasing amount of aggression, hostility and plain intolerance of non-consensus views on this forum. It's sad, really; used to be the one thing that separated it from RAWK, BlueMoon, Redcafe ... Guess it's easier to be rude than it is to make and stand by a position.

You're offended because someone chose to ignore your comment??

17 minutes ago, WHYSOSLOWYEH said:

On talksport last night Cundy and Ashton were saying we broke our record for loaning out players in a season

38 players I believe, which is the most we have loaned out in one season.