• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Scooba   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

bizarre to sign another defender. 

Terry and Ivan both likely gone at the end of the season, not a bad thing to plan ahead. 

paulw66   
34 minutes ago, Scooba said:

Terry and Ivan both likely gone at the end of the season, not a bad thing to plan ahead. 

So pay him a years' salary for nothing so that we can use him next season?

1 hour ago, Scooba said:

Had this been Stones or Koulibay (22 or 25) I could see the point of that.  Luiz is 30 next year and has a contract till he is 34.  I wonder what Ivanovic thinks of that.  Or all that moaned when Cahill as a 29 year old got his contract extended to 33.  Luiz has pace, perhaps that makes it alright.

7 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Had this been Stones or Koulibay (22 or 25) I could see the point of that.  Luiz is 30 next year and has a contract till he is 34.  I wonder what Ivanovic thinks of that.  Or all that moaned when Cahill as a 29 year old got his contract extended to 33.  Luiz has pace, perhaps that makes it alright.

Luiz signed a 3 year deal, taking him to 32 years old. 

8 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

29 + 3 = 34 in Droy's world... I think you've yet again blown your FSB cover as a Polish accountant!!!

• Like 1

GURJ SS   
2 hours ago, Scooba said:

I can't see JT leaving at the end of the season, he is HG so a player coach role is what I'm guessing will happen. As for Ivan, I think it will all depend on if we can find a starting right back, if Aina takes his chance and how Ivan plays this season; he is doing fine so far. It's early days, but if I had to guess I can see them both here next season, we have let our seniors players go in the past and it cost us huge in terms of losing character and the new players having a connection to the club.

xCELERYx   
4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

bizarre to sign another defender. 

Not really. Caceres plays right across then back, so he'd provide further options and familiar with the 3 at the back system. 

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

29 + 3 = 34 in Droy's world... I think you've yet again blown your FSB cover as a Polish accountant!!!

I'm not keen on many Droy's posts, but what is the point of this sort of juvenile nitpicking and the intention of only trying to make him look silly? You're guilty of doing this a lot Bob, just how old are you FFS?

paulw66   
34 minutes ago, zaffo said:

Not really. Caceres plays right across then back, so he'd provide further options and familiar with the 3 at the back system. 

Ivanovic, Azpilicueta, Alonso, JT, Cahill, Luiz, Zouma could all play CB in a 3. That is 7 already. And even if you assume that the two wing backs come from Azpilicueta, Alonso and Ivanovic, that still leaves 5 options. There has also been no suggestion or hint that we will even go 3 at the back.