• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Zoowraa   
34 minutes ago, Alec_Cobas said:

Not sure if you talked here about it, but Walter Sabatini is no longer working at Roma and the rumors about him joining Chelsea. Maybe Roma have not achieved a lot in recent years but his work at signing players for low fees was great. He has a great experience and could become a vital member of our board (Conte apparently would love to work with him).

Would certainly be an interesting appointment. 

I think there is some very good players in Serie A who could be good additions to our squad and players who offer a bit of value.

On the very expensive scale of this, I hope Conte and the board are keeping close tabs on this situation involving Icardi to see how things pan out. 

Scooba   

Ben Gibson had a great display yesterday in a game which we apparently sent scouts to watch him. He certainly looks every bit as good as Cahill in the few games I've seen of him. January bid incoming?

3 hours ago, Scooba said:

Ben Gibson had a great display yesterday in a game which we apparently sent scouts to watch him. He certainly looks every bit as good as Cahill in the few games I've seen of him. January bid incoming?

The Daily Mail certainly think we're after him. They've linked him to us about 3 or 4 times since September.

Also recently been linked to Joe Hart. His bloody Head & Shoulders ads annoy me, but from a purely goalkeeping point of view he may be an upgrade on Courtois... at least Hart seems to communicate with his defenders, which I don't think is the case with Courtois (unless it's by telepathy?). Guardiola seemed quite determined to get rid of him from the start, so after his loan in Turin, I doubt there's a way back for him at City. To keep his England place he'll want to be at a top club playing on several fronts for trophies and if we qualify for Europe (hopefully CL), we'll need some "Home Grown" players.

Would be delighted with a Michael Keane/ Ben Gibson acquisition over an extortionately priced Koulibaly any day.

39 minutes ago, The Fab 4 said:

Would be delighted with a Michael Keane/ Ben Gibson acquisition over an extortionately priced Koulibaly any day.

Well, the Mail have linked us to both recently (though marginally more reports regarding Gibson). I'd be happy with either.
There were also reports that Chalobah (whose contract ends summer 2018) is to be offered a new deal. In a season or two, we could see ourselves with a decent number of usable home grown/association trained and club trained players in the squad to replace the likes of Cahill, Terry and Fabregas.

Zoowraa   

Not seen a great deal of Gibson, to me he looks more of an old school head it and clear it , competitive type centre half.

I thought Keane had a decent game at the bridge a few weeks back, despite Burnley being on the wrong end of a defeat. Thought he and Mee alongside him dealt with Costa quite well

Would like to see a little more of Gibson, but boro are such a bad team to watch unless a fan of them or opposition. Couple of attempts I have made they stink the place out and I end up switching off.

I suspect Keane has the more potential of the two.

Badelj is apparently likely to be available in Jan for about £10-15m. For me, he would be a handy squad player to have knocking about and could lighten the burden to Kante and Matic.

paulw66   
14 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

Badelj is apparently likely to be available in Jan for about £10-15m. For me, he would be a handy squad player to have knocking about and could lighten the burden to Kante and Matic.

Well on the basis Conte doesn't fancy Mikel, Fabregas or RLC in that position, we need to strengthen there. 

6 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Well on the basis Conte doesn't fancy Mikel, Fabregas or RLC in that position, we need to strengthen there. 

Yeah, whilst we have the numbers in CM, it's pretty much the same as the WB situation in that we've only got two players that can actually play the position properly (although to be far Nate hasn't done anything wrong when selected/subbed on) .