• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Ham   
3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I beg to differ 

What were the odds? 

kev61   

Willian is a top class player that would make it in any premiership team.He will come good again of that I have no doubt.He has carried us in the past and we will be singing his praises again.

• Like 1

Jasonb   

The rumor mill is suggesting JM wants Willian at United for a cool £25m, though he was our player of the season I think this could be good business for the club?

What do we think?

It's a no from me, he's a good lad and although he is not at his best at the moment (understandable) I still think he could make a comeback like others have.  His problem at the moment is the competition for his position on the field.  When you've got Moses, Pedro and Hazard up there playing as they are, it's a tough group.  He'll certainly be needed in the second half the season, especially if Hazard still has his niggles.

paulw66   
33 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

The rumor mill is suggesting JM wants Willian at United for a cool £25m, though he was our player of the season I think this could be good business for the club?

What do we think?

Good business? How?

Would cost more than that to replace him, and he can play WB or AM. We need more players, not less. 

2 hours ago, Jasonb said:

What do we think?

Tell them to feck off is what I think

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jasonb said:

What do we think?

Absolutely not. I may be the only one, but I am freaking fed up of us strengthening our rivals. And 25m for Willian? They're having a laugh. Worth at least 35 in this inflated market. And on top of all this, we shouldn't even want to sell. He's a great player and will obviously come good again. His only problem is that Moses and Pedro are playing phenomenally. Unfortunate timing with his mother passing, but he's a great back-up to those guys. Before that he was the first name on the team sheet. People have short memories. 

4 minutes ago, SZB LOVES CHELSEA said:

Absolutely not. I may be the only one, but I am freaking fed up of us strengthening our rivals. And 25m for Willian? They're having a laugh. Worth at least 35 in this inflated market. And on top of all this, we shouldn't even want to sell. He's a great player and will obviously come good again. His only problem is that Moses and Pedro are playing phenomenally. Unfortunate timing with his mother passing, but he's a great back-up to those guys. Before that he was the first name on the team sheet. People have short memories. 

I think they are only holding his position until the first defeat.  Cahill, Luiz, Moses, Alonso, Pedro and Matic - anyone of them could lose their position quickly.  Some of them have been very fortunate to break into the team around the same time as Conte had his Damascus moment and gave up trying to win the game from our own penalty area.

17 hours ago, Jasonb said:

What do we think?

In the current market a Champions League quality attacking midfielder will cost minimum £50 million and Willian would be very difficult to replace. Pedro looks a better fit for the current system but at some point we will pick up injuries or suspensions and we need squad players. Willian is a high quality player and will see plenty of minutes once he is back and fit to play. If we were to sell him the last place I would want to see him is at Old Trafford with Jose adding pace to his very slow team. 

haifarul   

I agree that Willian is a key member of the squad,but and is just that if Martial and some cash will be also part of the deal than why not?Not to pick on the lad ,in the last minutes he had a fairly decent chance to at least hit the target and he just shot way over.From that point of the view Pedro is way better finisher.The idea of doing any deals with Jose's Manure it doesn't sit well at all.