• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

11 minutes ago, haifarul said:

I agree that Willian is a key member of the squad,but and is just that if Martial and some cash will be also part of the deal than why not?Not to pick on the lad ,in the last minutes he had a fairly decent chance to at least hit the target and he just shot way over.From that point of the view Pedro is way better finisher.The idea of doing any deals with Jose's Manure it doesn't sit well at all.

That's always the problem when someone spends a little too long on the bench.  When they do eventually get on, the first few touches can be a bit rushed. I've seen the same when Pedro has come on after a relative appearance drought.

Also Willian's only shooting opportunity was on his left as his right hand side was covered (unless he risked taking time to control it and take it around two players whereby the keeper would no doubt take the ball from his feet), and the cross itself was an awkward one to land on target first time.

Don't mean to come off as a Willian fanboy but getting that shot on a weaker foot successfully as judgement to staying at a club is a bit harsh to me.

haifarul   
1 minute ago, StebzAno said:

That's always the problem when someone spends a little too long on the bench.  When they do eventually get on, the first few touches can be a bit rushed. I've seen the same when Pedro has come on after a relative appearance drought.

Also Willian's only shooting opportunity was on his left as his right hand side was covered (unless he risked taking time to control it and take it around two players whereby the keeper would no doubt take the ball from his feet), and the cross itself was an awkward one to land on target first time.

Don't mean to come off as a Willian fanboy but getting that shot on a weaker foot successfully as judgement to staying at a club is a bit harsh to me.

Yes that is more than fair,but if you take the stats over the Willian and Pedro's carrers ,I would expect Pedro to win goals per game hands down.Willian had a purple patch with the free kicks last season but that was an exception.Willian has different qualities  to Pedro,strength,speed  and he can be the back up for Moses when needed.

8 minutes ago, haifarul said:

Yes that is more than fair,but if you take the stats over the Willian and Pedro's carrers ,I would expect Pedro to win goals per game hands down.Willian had a purple patch with the free kicks last season but that was an exception.Willian has different qualities  to Pedro,strength,speed  and he can be the back up for Moses when needed.

Yeh for sure, we'll need him for that.  The player that worries me at the moment is Hazard. I have a funny feeling he is hiding an injury and yet is somehow managing to play better than he should be.  Of course pushing your performance when an injury is only slight, can quickly put you out of action, as I've learned a few times running too long on the treadmill with a knee niggle.  He'll want to play against City but I hope he isn't taking any risks.

Totally agree with using players to sweeten deals (if we can afford to lose them that is) but there really is no one at Man Utd that interests me.  I'd be more tempted by interests in Ivanovic and Oscar by Barcelona and Inter.

Jasonb   

Interesting point about Willian being back up for Moses not sure that would work though can see why you suggest that as they both have good running ability.

Re Hazard I would expect Fabregas to replace him with a free attacking role not as exciting a replacement though it would still gives us a cutting edge.

9 hours ago, Jasonb said:

Interesting point about Willian being back up for Moses not sure that would work though can see why you suggest that as they both have good running ability.

Re Hazard I would expect Fabregas to replace him with a free attacking role not as exciting a replacement though it would still gives us a cutting edge.

??  Surely Moses is back up for Willian if we assume Pedro starts.

7 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Only in your particular universe.

We'll see.  But the ability to open up great areas of space ahead of Moses is not Moses's talent, it is the team's.  Take that away and Moses is not a great player, whereas Willian is.

9 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

??  Surely Moses is back up for Willian if we assume Pedro starts.

Well quite clearly that is not the case.

Whilst I, like 99% of Chelsea fans, would have had Willian as a nailed on starter for us this season it is obviously not the case. He isn't starting games, he is barely getting any minutes.

He was unfortunate to lose his his place in the team due to his personal circumstances but to suggest he is anything but back up right now is downright absurd.

Moses has  been simply brilliant, everyone can see it, it's clear as day. There is no argument.

It will take a major drop in form for him to lose his place and I for one, as much as I love Willian, hope it doesn't happen any time soon.

Edited by Martin1905