Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

35,560 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Flinkers said:

I wouldn't be that keen on a permanent signing but a loan swap of Llorente and Batshuayi would appeal. Gives us experienced cover and gives Swansea a replacement forward and our fringe player much needed game time.

That's assuming Swansea will do us that kind of favour, though!

Surely we can do better than some over the hill striker playing for Swansea?

10 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Linked with Llorente this morning.

"According to reports in Italy.......??

However, a little closer to the action........

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/we-ve-had-no-contact-from-chelsea-over-fernando-llorente-say-swansea-city/story-30036501-detail/story.html

Depends which paper you read, I guess.........:).

On Saturday, September 17, 2016 at 9:03 AM, zaffo said:

A quiet january

What do people make of the Llorente rumours out of interest?

I think just a rumour, why would Swansea sell now?

When he is getting played regularly why would Llorente want to play second fiddle to Costa?

2 hours ago, Jasonb said:

I think just a rumour, why would Swansea sell now?

When he is getting played regularly why would Llorente want to play second fiddle to Costa?

Hmm, why would someone late on in their career want an opportunity to play for Chelsea and most likely win trophies this season rather than stay at a club that looks destined to relegation?

No, I'm not sure either. 

Dangerous for the club to stick this January imo. The Spuds game shows us that a few key injuries and we could end up dropping down. Even with the first XI, an off day and we don't have anything to change things off the bench.

I think Llorente depends a lot on Bats this coming fixture with Peterborough (no pressure).  That said releasing Llorente would mean Swansea would need to find a replacement as well, unless of course the two of them are swapped.

There is considerable chatter about bringing back Nathan Ake at the moment, some even claiming he's already been recalled.

A strange irony with Llorente, his full name:
Fernando Javier Llorente Torres

He did play at Juventus so perhaps that is why he has been linked and has won quite a lot of silverware in his time.

As Scooba suggests he might be after a last piece of silver ware.

I'm not particularly keen on swapping one unusable striker for another if I'm honest. Would be a good move for Bats but do we really want to sign a striker that has scored 21 goals in his last 96 games? Those are Fernando Torres numbers and this is all a bit too close for comfort. Granted he clearly had a good season under Conte in 2013/14 scoring 18 in 45 but mix recent form with the appearance that he has got even slower and it doesn't look great. Feels like another Falcao/Pato/Remy style stop gap and if we did sign him I wouldn't expect him to last long. 

In better news Conte has said we are seriously considering recalling Nathan Ake http://www.espnfc.com/story/3033552/chelsea-consider-nathan-ake-loan-recall-from-bournemouth-sources. He has been playing excellently of late and could genuinely get some minutes here as an Alonso replacement and back up CB. It would be a shame to recall him now he is getting minutes at a club that suits his game so much but our club comes first and currently we are an Alonso injury away from having Azpi or Pedro at LWB.