Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

34,028 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Worse than the guy who was an integral part in the club going on a winning streak equalled once in English football history , scoring three goals in the process and doing all the dirty work for Hazard.

He must be awful.

Alonso an integral part? We can go 5 matches without him and the difference would not be that big. Might actually be an improvement who knows. Azpi, Luiz, Kante and Costa are integral parts of this team.  Those are the players we can't go 5 games without. I am not saying Alonso is a bad player but is he a long term solution to LWB? Not for me. Him and Cahill would be the two players I expect to lose their place in the starting 11 next season.

39 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Alonso an integral part? We can go 5 matches without him and the difference would not be that big. Might actually be an improvement who knows. Azpi, Luiz, Kante and Costa are integral parts of this team.  Those are the players we can't go 5 games without. I am not saying Alonso is a bad player but is he a long term solution to LWB? Not for me. Him and Cahill would be the two players I expect to lose their place in the starting 11 next season.

The blokes only just got here , has barely put a foot wrong and is a massive upgrade on the previous incumbent.

He's not very quick .

Let's get Danny Rose.

44 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Alonso is 100% integral to this team. Absolutely no doubt about it. I'd rather go 5 games without Azpilicueta, Luiz or Kante than Alonso, well at least before we got Ake back.

Edited by Martin1905

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Alonso is 100% integral to this team. Absolutely no doubt about it. I'd rather go 5 games without Azpilicueta, Luiz or Kante than Alonso, well at least before we got Ake back.

Yes before we got Ake, Alonso was the only left footed defensive player we had. Azpi , Luiz and Kante are harder players to replace when they are missing, We will definitely feel the effects if those players were out of the team for a while, even if you brought in Zouma  for  Azpi or Luiz he would not be able mirror Azpi or Luiz. We have no back up players that can give us what Azpi, Luiz, Kante and Costa can give us. Their quality is different class. Such players will never be upgraded or lose their starting place.  I can not say the same for Alonso. I think Ake can put in a similar performance to Alonso if given a run in the team.

2 hours ago, chelboy said:

giphy.gif

1 person likes this

So, back on topic

Edited by R2FU99

Well, given the rumours we're spending some serious cash today aren't we!?!

Can't really see anyone coming in actually, unless Begovic leaves or something but the clocks ticking.

33 minutes ago, Sir said:

Well, given the rumours we're spending some serious cash today aren't we!?!

Can't really see anyone coming in actually, unless Begovic leaves or something but the clocks ticking.

Some talk of Emenalo in Turin for Belotti deal. Be very surprised a deal of that size could happen at such short notice.

would be a fantastic signing though

In the past 24 hours I've seen we're in for possibly Manolas, Moussa Dembele (Celtic insist it's for a knee scan that he is in London) and/or Sead Kolasinac.

Edited by R2FU99

I cannot bear Jim White.  He ruins deadline day for me.  Ruins Talksport too.  I'm down to one show with listening to now since Colin Murray left.