• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

20 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

Not last night you didn't. 

Haha, very good.

18 hours ago, samhoward17 said:

Completely agree on the Monaco hype. I would love to see Mbappe, Mendy, & Fabinho in our side whilst Bernardo Silva is a class player. Bakayoko is solid as well although I was less impressed by the right back Sidibe who I thought was a weak link in both games defensively.

Unfortunately I cannot see us buying any of these players and City and United have been linked with all of them. It's almost too late now as they've had their breakout performance on the big stage and remember Martial cost something ridiculous like £50mill with add ons so Monaco don't let them go cheap. 

No doubt the vultures will be circling, with the likes of City, and Utd, as well as Bayern, PSG, Real and Barca all interested. It's a little sad really, as Monaco have a young team and one would like them to stay together for a few years to see what they can achieve.

As for destinations, it depends on requirements really. City are pretty sorted up front, so I see them more interested in the FB's and maybe Fabinho. United, too, have lots of attacking options so can see them focusing on midfield and one of Fabinho/Bakayoko.

Real and Barca have their all star front lines and a pretty complete squad really, as do Bayern, whilst I can see PSG raiding them just to weaken competition.

I think we need to identify the priority in terms of position and go in hard, if we're targeting a Monaco player. We could do with reinforcements in the WB positions, another CM, and a quality AM.  Most pressing would probably be a WB, so maybe I'd target Mendy first and foremost.

Also seeing as many of the other teams have strong attacking options, we could push to the front of the queue in the Mbappe/Silva chase.

17 hours ago, comtrend said:

You are correct, he is also a very good option as a RB/RWB backup.

His performances in these two legs against City just highlights what he could bring to our central midfield. He made a perfect long range cross for Falcao first goal in the first leg. In the same match he also played a long freekick from central midfield that sent Mbappe through for his goal. In the second leg he got his goal with a late arrival into the box from Mendys cross. His closing down and defensive work was also very good, even when City was pressuring he got several good challanges in to stop them advancing more then they did.

Fabinho is a very good player. Young, athletic, and technically gifted; he has everything really. He'd fit into any midfield playing any style. There's going to be a real fight to sign him. 

Sea foot   

But surely if we are interested in, and try to sign, one or more of them then we are vultures as well. I have to say though that I am a big admirer of Mendy, he looks Chelsea to me.

26 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

But surely if we are interested in, and try to sign, one or more of them then we are vultures as well. I have to say though that I am a big admirer of Mendy, he looks Chelsea to me.

Of course we are. 

xCELERYx   
4 minutes ago, Hugh Jars 99 said:

Don't see where he really fits. 

Isn't a CM that's got a good enough all-round game to play in our current 343. Nor does he have enough forward like attributes to play AM and score goals. He'd end up in the same boat as Oscar. Bit of a square peg. 

352 would allow for him to be accommodated better, although still not ideal.

xCELERYx   

Reports in Belgium suggest that Dries Mertens will leave Napoli and reject a move to Inter in order to leave for the EPL this summer.

Contract negotiations between the Partenopei and their star forward are said to have stalled in a dispute over wages, whilst other clubs have been alerted to the man who has scored 24 goals in 24 starts for his side this term.

Belgian newspaper HLM confirms that the Nerazzurri are interested in Mertens, however insists that the player would prefer a move to England.

Manchester United have been most heavily linked with the player, but there is also reported interest from Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal and Everton.

We should be on this move if we can't sign a Sanchez etc. Would fill a nice little gap at AM and offer us an extra goal threat outside of Hazard, Pedro and Costa.

4 minutes ago, zaffo said:

We should be on this move if we can't sign a Sanchez etc. Would fill a nice little gap at AM and offer us an extra goal threat outside of Hazard, Pedro and Costa.

Really like Mertens , he'd be a great fit for us.

1 hour ago, zaffo said:

Agreed. Mertens is very underrated imo and has a lot of great qualities. 

A perfect squad signing to give us more depth.