Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

34,075 posts in this topic

Big summer ahead, I think. Bakayoko would be an excellent buy IMO. Hope we look at Bernardo Silva and Fabinho also, whilst keeping a close eye on the Sanchez situation and giving Christensen, Ake and Loftus Cheek fairly prominent roles.

Edited by synavm

12 hours ago, synavm said:

Big summer ahead, I think. Bakayoko would be an excellent buy IMO. Hope we look at Bernardo Silva and Fabinho also, whilst keeping a close eye on the Sanchez situation and giving Christensen, Ake and Loftus Cheek fairly prominent roles.

Personally, I think Bakayoko is not the player we need, as he consistently disappears from large parts of games. Personally, I would have Mendy, Mbeppe, Fabinho and Silva before him, while if looking solely at midfielders, then Veratti, Fabinho and Vidal before him.  

1 person likes this

51 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

Personally, I think Bakayoko is not the player we need, as he consistently disappears from large parts of games. Personally, I would have Mendy, Mbeppe, Fabinho and Silva before him, while if looking solely at midfielders, then Veratti, Fabinho and Vidal before him.  

Vidal turns 30 in May, so not for me. The other 2 are top players, but will be hugely sought after and will cost a bomb.

On 3/22/2017 at 10:33 PM, paulw66 said:

Vidal turns 30 in May, so not for me. The other 2 are top players, but will be hugely sought after and will cost a bomb.

Vidal at 30 would still be a good move. He's adapt to playing both deeper and more advanced. He know's Conte's system and wouldn't need to adjust to that, simply the league itself. While another quality CM adds some additional class to really make a push in the CL next season. He could easily offer another 3-4 good quality seasons.

Whichever route we go, I think it's important we don't close the doors on players like younger players like Chalobah and Baker. Who both have promise and can make contributions to the team in such positions. Although I think Chalobah's contract may end at the end of 2018, but is in talks about a new deal. So any move we make at CM may impact this.

Also worth remembering both Matic and Fabregas have their contracts ending in 2019 too.

If we can get Vidal for a reasonable price, then we could use that extra money possibly saved from spending on a younger star elsewhere in the squad.

Edited by zaffo

Whoever does get Bakayoko, there must be a song to the tune of Going Loco down in Acapulco to be had.