Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,198 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

^ Everyone of those points seems wrong to me.  

Based on what then? Because you don't agree with them, or the conclusions I've drawn? Some are opinions (mine) based on my observations on what's been happening, and some are facts. Nothing 'wrong' about any of that.

13 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Only your conclusion holds them together.

Sorry? The points stand alone, or together, as facts and/or pretty obvious observations, and my conclusions come from that. It's not exactly radical, or difficult to understand, is it? In fact, it's what these forums are based on.

5 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Based on what then? Because you don't agree with them, or the conclusions I've drawn? Some are opinions (mine) based on my observations on what's been happening, and some are facts. Nothing 'wrong' about any of that.

1.  AM - when a player is still pining for a move, he usually stays quiet.  When he has accepted he is staying, he comes out with an interview which says he thought about moving, but is now staying.  Much as Drogba did with Marseilles.  As for him taking a wage cut to go "home", players just don't do that so long as they can choose.

2.  China.  They have the cash, they decide when mid-season is.  All the big moves to China have come during their close season.

If there is a club that really wants him enough to match what he can earn here, it is Man U.

3.  Stats - 3 goals in 11 games is not a poor run no matter how many times you pretend it is.  The guy is still doing well.

4.  If you can't see the effort, it is because you have chosen not to.

5 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Sorry? The points stand alone, or together, as facts and/or pretty obvious observations, and my conclusions come from that. It's not exactly radical, or difficult to understand, is it? In fact, it's what these forums are based on.

No facts, just a belief creating illusions to feed it.  

48 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

If you can't see the effort, it is because you have chosen not to.

And if you say that you can see this 'effort', then it's because you've chosen to pretend you can, imo. Around, and around, etc..

The reality here is that people will see things differently - it's a forum of different opinons, and by now, you should be used to that. It's not an issue, or a problem, just a fact of life.

No facts, just a belief creating illusions to feed it.  

His goal scoring stats are fact, whichever way you choose to interpret them. I see a dramatic drop-off post China offer. You don't? Then I think that you're kidding yourself. The rest of my comments are opinion and observation, a point I've already made a number of times - and I've presented them as such.

22 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

And if you say that you can see this 'effort', then it's because you've chosen to pretend you can, imo.

Costa was truly woeful agan today, when we really needed him to stand up. Zero excuse for that abject performance, even allowing for the fact that we were generally second-best. From Costa: No effort; no quality; no threat - like playing with 10 men. That's now 3 goals in his last 12 PL matches - mentally, he's already on the plane.

34 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Costa was truly woeful agan today, when we really needed him to stand up. Zero excuse for that abject performance, even allowing for the fact that we were generally second-best. From Costa: No effort; no quality; no threat - like playing with 10 men. That's now 3 goals in his last 12 PL matches - mentally, he's already on the plane.

At this point I wouldn't have minded if he'd been sent off for doing Rojo who's kicked him from pillar to post for three games now but to faff around like he did was beyond the pale , Rojo won't even know he'd been in a game.

Costa has clearly been off the pace since the start of this calendar year but I'm not sure it's because of China offer. It could equally be because he knows there's no ready replacement and he's virtually guaranteed a start every game regardless of performance. This is really more of a failure of the club's recruitment department. United rested Ibra and Mikhi and lost Mata to injury and yet they could field Herrera and Rashford. Why don't we have the squad depth of United?

Or maybe Costa is just a "half a season player" like quite a few of our key men seem to be. 

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Or maybe Costa is just a "half a season player" like quite a few of our key men seem to be. 

Or maybe the whole defence are the half season players.  

A run of 10 games without a clean sheet is surely a lot more worrying than a striker that gets 3 goals in 12 games.

Edited by Droy was my hero

17 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

A run of 10 games without a clean sheet is surely a lot more worrying than a striker that gets 3 goals in 12 games.

Nope. Not to me, and dare I suggest, not to most. Whilst we certanly didn't have a lot of stand-outs against Man Utd, Costa was downright awful, and on occasion, inept, as indeed he has been for weeks now. 3 goals in 12 games only tells part of the story, even though its an important part. His peformance and body language in this one was worse - simply embarrassing - and he's not just 'a' striker, as he appears to be our only one considering that he gets selected irrespective of his form, or who else may be available to rest him. I'm pretty sure that most understand that (including you, of course).

Yet again we as a club have manoeuvred ourselves into a position where the opposition don't have to work out who will play and what formation the coach will employ , in fact , it used to be if you're fit you're in and now appears to be if you're halfway fit you're in.

Total mismanagement again , let's hope it doesn't bite us on the bum.