• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Jasonb   

The rumour mill is linking Conte with Barcelona today, let's hope it is just the rumour mill and nothing more.

12 hours ago, Uber Robben said:

Also the reports were Inter Milan not AC FWIW.

There have been more recent reports concerning AC Milan now as well.

1 minute ago, PeteRobbo said:

There have been more recent reports concerning AC Milan now as well.

They'll be reports from any big club looking for a manager now.  And Italian clubs.

Can't see him being tempted to go to Italy. He's got a project here that could see him stay for years if he gets the boards backing. Inter and AC would be a step down for him at this point, despite both being able to throw crazy money around. Barcelona seems very unlikely also, they're after a winning coach granted, but Conte doesn't fit their philosophy at all. I think I read somewhere that Sampaoli is the favourite now, which makes a lot more sense.

Like I said earlier, back Conte in the transfer market or let him use his pick of the youth players and he could be here for a long time. The guys a winner and one of the most tactically adept coaches in the game at the minute.

29 minutes ago, Uber Robben said:

Can't see him being tempted to go to Italy. He's got a project here that could see him stay for years if he gets the boards backing. Inter and AC would be a step down for him at this point, despite both being able to throw crazy money around. Barcelona seems very unlikely also, they're after a winning coach granted, but Conte doesn't fit their philosophy at all. I think I read somewhere that Sampaoli is the favourite now, which makes a lot more sense.

Like I said earlier, back Conte in the transfer market or let him use his pick of the youth players and he could be here for a long time. The guys a winner and one of the most tactically adept coaches in the game at the minute.

Certainly a step down at the moment from a career point of view, but Conte is a family man and will always put that first I think. Don't get me wrong, he might well choose to stay with anyway and obviously I hope he does, but he is family oriented and AC Milan, with unlimited funds in the transfer market, are likely to be a big team again. On top of that the suggested 10 mill a year salary is an awful lot of wonga.

xCELERYx   
10 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

Certainly a step down at the moment from a career point of view, but Conte is a family man and will always put that first I think. Don't get me wrong, he might well choose to stay with anyway and obviously I hope he does, but he is family oriented and AC Milan, with unlimited funds in the transfer market, are likely to be a big team again. On top of that the suggested 10 mill a year salary is an awful lot of wonga.

Unlikely he'll return to Italy. He spoke some time ago about how his plans as a manager involve new experiences. He played his whole career in Italy and then followed that up with his spell at Juventus. Now he's got the ability to try new things, the EPL was one of those. He's about projects and has always left his previous jobs to progress further. Chelsea is a good project for him. We've reached an end of a cycle here and now we're ready for something new. Conte's made some changes already to put the wheels in motion with the likes of Terry's stint coming to an end, Ivanovic, Mikel and Oscar being moved on etc. Conte has both the experience and ability to usher in a new identity here. The biggest part will be making sure he's both backed in the market and allowed to sign the players he wants that will integrate into his system. 

6 minutes ago, zaffo said:

Unlikely he'll return to Italy. He spoke some time ago about how his plans as a manager involve new experiences. He played his whole career in Italy and then followed that up with his spell at Juventus. Now he's got the ability to try new things, the EPL was one of those. He's about projects and has always left his previous jobs to progress further. Chelsea is a good project for him. We've reached an end of a cycle here and now we're ready for something new. Conte's made some changes already to put the wheels in motion with the likes of Terry's stint coming to an end, Ivanovic, Mikel and Oscar being moved on etc. Conte has both the experience and ability to usher in a new identity here. The biggest part will be making sure he's both backed in the market and allowed to sign the players he wants that will integrate into his system. 

Fair enough Zaffo. Thanks for this. Until recently, I had been led to believe that Allegri had taken Juve on to even greater things than Conte and was thought to be better than him. However, more recently other Italian friends I have here in Umbria, as well as others I met in Palermo recently, left me in no doubt that that is not the case and that, instead, Conte is definitely numero uno.

On 06/05/2017 at 3:16 AM, chiswickblue said:

Lots of transfer rumours about our players when we're close to winning the league = last attempt to destabilise our team.

Seriously, I doubt it. It's the same every year at this time, whether we're close to winning the league or not. Pretty much the same for all the top clubs too, not just Chelsea. It's just the way that newspapers and web sites try to justify their existence.

xCELERYx   
3 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

Fair enough Zaffo. Thanks for this. Until recently, I had been led to believe that Allegri had taken Juve on to even greater things than Conte and was thought to be better than him. However, more recently other Italian friends I have here in Umbria, as well as others I met in Palermo recently, left me in no doubt that that is not the case and that, instead, Conte is definitely numero uno.

Allegri has done better in the Champions League, but at lot of what Allegri has achieved has been on the foundations that Conte built during his three years there, particularly initially. The rebuild job Conte did was ridiculous. And while Juve are still strong, they're not as consistent like under Conte. Allegri, although he has been very good, hasn't had the impact that Conte did.