With outgoings being:

Begovic

Zouma (on loan)

Which leaves us with a squad of:

GK: Courtois, Stockdale

RCB: Azplicueta, Christensen

CB: Luiz, Van Dijk, Christensen

LCB: Cahill, Ake

RWB: Moses, Azpilicueta, Pedro (if deseperate)

LWB: Alonso, Bertrand

CM: Fabregas, Kante, Matic, Chalobah, Baker, Pasalic, RLC

AM/Winger: Hazard, Pedro, Willian, Sanchez, Traore, Baker, RLC, Fabregas

STK: Costa, Batshuayi, Sanchez, Traore

That's a squad of 25 and good cover in all positions with a few players able to play more than one position.

I know Costa may leave, in which case he obviously needs replacing, but I have sneaky feeling he will be here next season, but if we do have to replace him I currently don't know who is best placed to replace him... not Lukaku and not Morata and not many options beyond that apart from Belotti

Our transfer strategy should be to recruit 4-5 top players, better than what we already have. It is going to cost, but it is our only option. Either we go all in and back up Conte, or we risk losing fantastic momentum. We have a huge chance to make push for Europe domination, but Conte's magnifcent foundation is built on a slim squad. If we don't do that, convincing our top players to stay will be very difficult. 

1. We need two new wing-backs, and as long as Conte gets one of his preferred options I am not too fussed about whether it is Bertrand or Mendy. 
  2. We need another attacking player, like Sanchez or Griezmann, that ideally can play all positions in the front three. And if Michy is going on loan or sold, we need another top striker together with Costa, and Morata would be a great addition. 
  3. Maybe a bit harsh on both Matic and Fabregas, but we need a top class allround CM as well. Seems to be a lot of talk about Bakayoko, although I am hoping for Verratti.
  4. As things stand now, with a solid and proven back three, and youngsters like Ake and Christensen more than capable at PL level, I am not sure if it makes sense to spend big on a 50 mp CB. 
  5. We would likely have to replace Begovic, and I guess there will be a lot of decent options even with a HG status. Pickford would be great, but he may perhaps pick guaranteed first team football over us. 

So we should be looking at a squad like this:

GK: Courtois, Pickford, Eduardo

CB: Azpi, Luiz, Cahill, Christensen, Ake

WB: Moses, Alonso, Mendy/Bertrand, new RWB

CM: Kante, Verratti/Bakayoko, Fabregas, Matic, Chalobah

AM: Hazard, Sanchez, Pedro, Willian

CF: Costa, Morata

= double cover for all positions with high quality, also versatile enough to play 4-2-4 effectively, all in all very capable of challenging on all four fronts next season

(but is still not complete, and need further strengthening over the next few windows)

Edited by jones

If we can end the summer with a squad like the following I would be confident we could compete on four fronts: 

Courtois, HG GK, Eduardo

Luiz, Cahill, Christensen, Dave, Ake

Alonso, Mendy, Moses, Leitchsteiner (or similarlly experienced RWB) 

Kante, Verratti/Fabinho, Matic, Cesc, Baker

Hazard, Sanchez, Pedro, Willian, Musonda

Costa, Morata, 3rd choice CF (Llorente/Manzuckic/Defoe/Bats etc.)

For me, I think our big signings, apart from keeping Costa and Hazard, his summer should be Mendy, Sanchez and either Veratti or Fabinho. As for the rest - 2nd GK, RWB, 2nd CF, 3rd CF - are not that important as long as they are solid pros. 

Kylian Mbappe has been involved in 36 goals for Monaco this season: 25 goals 11 assists Scored or assisted once every 68 minutes. 

Source Squawka.

Two superb assist against Lille today to secure Monaco their title. I have the same feeling watching Mbappe as I had with Hazard, he is already top class and will become worldclass. 

If we are selling Costa for alot of cash, we should target Mbappe. I think he has alot more quality then any other striker aveiable in the market this summer. Other then Real Madrid, there isn't any club interrested that we can't beat for his signature.

Edited by comtrend

8 hours ago, comtrend said:

Kylian Mbappe has been involved in 36 goals for Monaco this season: 25 goals 11 assists Scored or assisted once every 68 minutes. 

Source Squawka.

Two superb assist against Lille today to secure Monaco their title. I have the same feeling watching Mbappe as I had with Hazard, he is already top class and will become worldclass. 

If we are selling Costa for alot of cash, we should target Mbappe. I think he has alot more quality then any other striker aveiable in the market this summer. Other then Real Madrid, there isn't any club interrested that we can't beat for his signature.

Madrid bound from reports I've read.

9 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

If we can end the summer with a squad like the following I would be confident we could compete on four fronts: 

Courtois, HG GK, Eduardo

Luiz, Cahill, Christensen, Dave, Ake

Alonso, Mendy, Moses, Leitchsteiner (or similarlly experienced RWB) 

Kante, Verratti/Fabinho, Matic, Cesc, Baker

Hazard, Sanchez, Pedro, Willian, Musonda

Costa, Morata, 3rd choice CF (Llorente/Manzuckic/Defoe/Bats etc.)

For me, I think our big signings, apart from keeping Costa and Hazard, his summer should be Mendy, Sanchez and either Veratti or Fabinho. As for the rest - 2nd GK, RWB, 2nd CF, 3rd CF - are not that important as long as they are solid pros. 

Looks a lot like what I argued, but do you really think Baker and Musonda will be included? Musonda needs a loan, and had he impressed Conte in training he for sure would get bench appearances over RLC after returning in January. Baker has had a very good season in Holland, but it is not good enough to give us any competitive edge. He should be looking to get a PL loan, and I figure Chalobah will continue to fill this hole instead. 

Also, I would consider Morata way more than "solid pro" - he for sure is a marquee signing. To also get Mendy, Sanchez and Verratti would be massive, and I don't think it is totally unrealistic. Plus, it is the sort of summer we need in order to retain our top players. Hazard expects us to make a push for CL and PL titles, everyone understands we are not going to break even then. Sanchez will probably cost what we got for Oscar, so and the three other will require around 150 mp. We need a RWB also, but as you say, someone like Lichtsteiner can be a good and experienced addition. Back up goalkeeper will be replaced with what we get for Begovic.

As long as Abramovich is willing to dig into his pockets, as reports suggest he will, this is not an unrealistic scenario. Sanchez and Morata are pushing for moves. Verratti is maybe a stretch, but the lure of Conte and PL should be tempting to any player not playing for Barca or Real. Mendy and Lichtsteiner won't be hard to convince.

For me I would love to see

GK: Courtois, Stockdale, Edu

CB: Azpi, Luiz, Cahill, Ake, Chistinsen.

WB: Mosses, Alonso, Bentrant & Antonio

MC: Fabs, Kante, Matic, Chalobah, Bakayako, RLC

FW: Hazard, Morata, Pedro, Sanchez, Willian, Tammy

Not going to put a wishlist here, instead will focus on the ones we continue to get linked to:

Van Dijk, Sandro/Alaba, Bakayoko/Kessie, Lukaku/Morata.

So that's a CB, LWB, CM and ST. I wouldn't be surprised if we land at least 2 of those names and I reckon a couple of those deals are already sealed.  

Who I would like to see in and out this transfer window is whoever Conte buys and sells. Have 100% confidence in whatever decision he makes.

1 minute ago, Sea foot said:

Who I would like to see in and out this transfer window is whoever Conte buys and sells. Have 100% confidence in whatever decision he makes.

Agree 100%, I think we could be in for a fairly underwhelming transfer window in terms of big name marquee signings but get players in Conte knows will do a job for him, which I'm fine with. 

If the right player becomes available and wants to come, Griezmann, Sanchez, Veratti etc then I'm sure the club and manager will do everything they can to get them but there are not that many players that will instantly improve us so for me it's about getting the right players for the manager and the system he wants to play.

I'd happily see us start the first game if next season with the same starting 11 we currently have , maybe a new cm, but with more options on the bench. Actual real alternatives to Moses, Alonso and Costa.

The most important bit if business for the club this summer is keeping Hazard, Costa, Fabtegas and Conte.