Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

34,577 posts in this topic

I'd like to see Daniel Alves come in still the best in the world in his position and a born winner. Would be class in the CL. 

11 hours ago, Sea foot said:

Who I would like to see in and out this transfer window is whoever Conte buys and sells. Have 100% confidence in whatever decision he makes.

This. Well said!

I'm happy to wait and see what he does, and what that says about our approach to next season - I really think that it's going to be a very interesting summer, and that includes all our 'loan' players, too.

15 hours ago, jones said:

Looks a lot like what I argued, but do you really think Baker and Musonda will be included? Musonda needs a loan, and had he impressed Conte in training he for sure would get bench appearances over RLC after returning in January. Baker has had a very good season in Holland, but it is not good enough to give us any competitive edge. He should be looking to get a PL loan, and I figure Chalobah will continue to fill this hole instead. 

Also, I would consider Morata way more than "solid pro" - he for sure is a marquee signing. To also get Mendy, Sanchez and Verratti would be massive, and I don't think it is totally unrealistic. Plus, it is the sort of summer we need in order to retain our top players. Hazard expects us to make a push for CL and PL titles, everyone understands we are not going to break even then. Sanchez will probably cost what we got for Oscar, so and the three other will require around 150 mp. We need a RWB also, but as you say, someone like Lichtsteiner can be a good and experienced addition. Back up goalkeeper will be replaced with what we get for Begovic.

As long as Abramovich is willing to dig into his pockets, as reports suggest he will, this is not an unrealistic scenario. Sanchez and Morata are pushing for moves. Verratti is maybe a stretch, but the lure of Conte and PL should be tempting to any player not playing for Barca or Real. Mendy and Lichtsteiner won't be hard to convince.

Yes, I have just looked at your post and it does appear to be very similar. Personally, I would put Baker in over Nate as I think he is more likely to change a game from the bench than Nate and if we sign Veratti then Matic will be on the bench ahead of Nate - if that makes sense? As for Musonda, I am thinking we could probably get away with him as a League cup and FA Cup player. Personally, I do not think anyone who comes in will be playing much as the 5th choice AM but I would like one so that is why I put him in. However, if he or Baker are not there then I would not be devastated. 

In regards to my Morata comment, you're right that he is more than a solid pro that was me just being sloppy with my typing. 

Additionally, if Mbappe by some miricle could be had then he would be someone I want here before all others. 

12 hours ago, Nicholas Anelka said:

I'd like to see Daniel Alves come in still the best in the world in his position and a born winner. Would be class in the CL.

Can't agree mate, he's 34 years old! I'm not saying that he's not a good footballer, because clearly he is, but seriously - if he's the best option for us, I'd be amazed. 34 years old isn't the age to be dipping your toes into the Premier League.

Depends what qualities we want in the wingbacks. If this was football manager I'd be looking at the two Valencia fullbacks Gaya and Cancelo but in the real world they may not be what Conte wants.

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

Can't agree mate, he's 34 years old! I'm not saying that he's not a good footballer, because clearly he is, but seriously - if he's the best option for us, I'd be amazed. 34 years old isn't the age to be dipping your toes into the Premier League.

Makes me wonder if some actually watch the players they suggest? We've both pointed out already regarding Dani Alves, he's 34. He'll be 35 by the end of next season. Anyone who has watched him regularly at Juventus will know that he's no longer the player he was in his pomp, as expected. He's only started 14 Serie A games this season, while 10 in the CL. Which is a key point to note. While he's been a very good addition for Juve, the difference between Serie A and the EPL is significant when it comes to speed of the game. He'd end up a bit part player on significant wages. Plus, we'd have to pay a transfer fee for him and with club policy of 1 year deals for over 30's. No part of a Dani Alves transfer adds up. 

This applies to Lichtsteiner too, who will be 34 half way through next season. He's another I've seen pop up on here who makes absolutely no sense. He's regressed significantly the last couple of years, while never being the strongest defender in general. No thank you.

Oxlade-Chamberlain has to be an option. Playing as a rwb at the moment but versatile, home grown and wants to leave. Would make a very useful addition to the squad 

52 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Oxlade-Chamberlain has to be an option. Playing as a rwb at the moment but versatile, home grown and wants to leave. Would make a very useful addition to the squad 

Don't want any of Arsenal's pretty boys.

Yes, there are only two from Arsenal that I'd consider. One they won't sell to us and the other is pretty much one of us anyway. 

23 hours ago, Sea foot said:

Who I would like to see in and out this transfer window is whoever Conte buys and sells. Have 100% confidence in whatever decision he makes.

Yes - if he is the one making them of course;)