• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

22 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

OK.

Little feller ?Bald? Black? I have got the right Makelele ? yeah ? Never happened. 

There is no debate , once more you are completely and utterly wrong ,

Lets be totally clear , so that everyone can have a jolly good laugh at my expense , Makelele never made up a three with the CB's , it never happened and you are imagining it .

Maybe he was standing in the wrong place. But yes, it never happened. 

At least this is more entertaining than debating the pros and cons of Lukaku at £100m.

Wait... did you say £100m?

Doesnt that sort of money buy you a Griezmann, or a Verratti, or at least a Sanchez AND a Bonucci?

We couldnt be that stupid surely?

13 hours ago, kev61 said:

We look like we are going to sign lukaku,he doesn't look like a Conte signing,he looks like a Mourhino signing.I think he will flop for us if he signs and you can quote me on that.

Blimey! We can't really get rid of him can we? He's still in charge of our transfers even though he's at United? 

Quick, someone notify the club! 

By the way, aren't/weren't you one of the posters who's critisiced Mourinho for selling Lukaku? Now you critisice him for Conte and the club potentially wanting to re-sign him? 

24 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

At least this is more entertaining than debating the pros and cons of Lukaku at £100m.

Wait... did you say £100m?

Doesnt that sort of money buy you a Griezmann, or a Verratti, or at least a Sanchez AND a Bonucci?

We couldnt be that stupid surely?

Well maybe it's my turn to open a can of worms... In this counter-attacking style we play under Conte wouldn't we actually play to Lukaku's strengths? 

But yes - £100m? Madness on a whole different level. Even by our own standards. 

14 hours ago, kev61 said:

Zaffo I think he gets your point clearly.First of all height has nothing to do with anything except in the centre half position,and even then - Carvalho,Gallas and lebeouf,tells you don't need to have height to command that position.

We look like we are going to sign lukaku,he doesn't look like a Conte signing,he looks like a Mourhino signing.I think he will flop for us if he signs and you can quote me on that.

JM I believe fell out of love after his abysmal performance in that cup game (can't remember which but I remember thinking he was effin useless walking around whilst the rest of the team were run ragged)

I hope to God we don't buy him as I also feel he is a big fish in a small pond material and will be poor  for us over a season or two..

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Well maybe it's my turn to open a can of worms... In this counter-attacking style we play under Conte wouldn't we actually play to Lukaku's strengths? 

Well, there is always the thought that we are not paying £100m for him

I reckon it will be nearer £80 and we have a percentage sell on clause, which will reduce it down to £60m effectively. A lot of dosh, but that is the market. 

Real apparently turned down £53m for Morata, and he has never been a regular anywhere 

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I'm not an Emanalo basher, as I dont think any of us really know what his actual real life role is (much as I hung back from sticking the boot into Kenyon or Gourlay). However, if we were to pay £100m for Lukaku, it would be very hard to draw any conclusion other than that he has pushed it through personally, as "unfinished business". Maybe harsh, but I dont see Lukaku as a Conte buy in any way, shape or form.

GURJ SS   
On 2017-6-6 at 0:33 PM, zaffo said:

In terms of numbers only, yes we're fine. But in terms of the options as individuals that's where we lack. That aside however, I don't realistically see Zouma being here next season to be honest anyway. He needs regular games again after such a long layoff and unfortunately, not once did he ever look comfortable in a back three. He just doesn't have the technique when it comes to being in possession, particularly when under pressure. Which is a shame because he was excellent for us prior to his injury. A year being in and out of the side won't benefit him, so a loan is ideal for all parties. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Ake seeks a loan away also if he's not granted regular minutes. Next season leads into the World Cup and having worked his way into the NT, will be important for him to play if he wants to feature. While Zouma will also be wanting to get back into the French fold himself.

Zouma would be fine in the central position of a back 3, it's actually Cahill and Dave who see the ball far more often in pressured positions that Luiz does; the central position is quite relaxed. There's no need to loan out Ake, or Christiensen for that matter. We need to start using what we have instead of thinking others have something better, our backline is strong and our 3 backups are more than capable of filling in. Our money is better spent elsewhere, our aim for CB should currently be to work on 3 fantastic young talents; bedding them in for the future. 

GURJ SS   

I doubt we'll pay £100M for Lukaku, but regardless of the price he will be a quality player to bring in; someone who should never have been allowed to leave in the first place. We could even shift Lukaku to partner Costa or Bats with Hazard in behind them, we have the defensive set up to get it done.