• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Scooba   

Thinking about midfielders in January - what do people think about Youssouf Mulumbu or Fabian Delph? I think either would be a great squad player to have and would suit our system very well. Both would be available for a reasonable fee and both are at a decent age.

Monello   

Thinking about midfielders in January - what do people think about Youssouf Mulumbu or Fabian Delph? I think either would be a great squad player to have and would suit our system very well. Both would be available for a reasonable fee and both are at a decent age.

Spend more and get Cabaye instead if we are looking to steal one from midtable teams. Carrick's not a bad option either :p

Zoowraa   

We've missed the boat with Mulumbu. I suggested him 12 months back on this thread, back then we would of picked him up for around 5 million. The cat is out the bag now and value gone, they will want close to double that amount to part with him.

Delph nowhere near good enough us. I suggested N'Zonzi as a good deadline deal to get, still think he is an underrated player and he would add some strength and height to the squad. He is technically a good player too.

I reckon you will pick him up for around 5-6million. To me, he don't look like he wants to be at Stoke when I see him play. Would be a good squad option to have over the next few seasons.

kratos   

Looking at it I'd say our defence is a slight cause for concern, this is not a kneejerk reaction from last night btw, this has worried me for a while and I think we will need a younger, quicker CB and a LB to replace Ash at some point.

Looking at it I'd say our defence is a slight cause for concern, this is not a kneejerk reaction from last night btw, this has worried me for a while and I think we will need a younger, quicker CB and a LB to replace Ash at some point.

But not Omeruo?

(I ask this without having any clue as to how fast he is...)

Zoowraa   

He will cost a lot of money and kinda deal that will only happen in summer,but for left back I would really like Felipe Luis at Atletico Madrid.

Every time I see him play he impresses me in defence but also attack. Probably looking around 15million but he would be my choice to replace Ash in the summer .

todongo   

We've missed the boat with Mulumbu. I suggested him 12 months back on this thread, back then we would of picked him up for around 5 million. The cat is out the bag now and value gone, they will want close to double that amount to part with him.

Delph nowhere near good enough us. I suggested N'Zonzi as a good deadline deal to get, still think he is an underrated player and he would add some strength and height to the squad. He is technically a good player too.

I reckon you will pick him up for around 5-6million. To me, he don't look like he wants to be at Stoke when I see him play. Would be a good squad option to have over the next few seasons.

Any of the players you (both) have mentioned are worthy squad players IMO, although I can't say about Mulumbu yet (haven't watched him much). I think you're on the right track for January because none of the players in top European squads nor World Cup squads will come to Chelsea in January.

Three years (since Ballack) waiting for a couple of quality centre midfielders to join Chelsea and it could all fall off the tracks if Ramires gets injured. Question is, how many quality center midfielders can Chelsea get in two windows (January and summer)? Also, it's a World Cup year--when many players become over-valued. CFC are behind schedule unless some CM reserve players also come into the 1st team. I see Mikel and Lampard leaving soon. Ramires is the only experienced center midfielder, Oscar an alternate, Essien??, and van Ginkel.

Edited by todongo

life   

I feel our priority will be a top striker...then maybe a midfielder..we will probably pursue the midfielder first then spend the rest of the window on the big name striker, assuming we have already started laying down the groundwork.

We may have to sell to buy, not sure, just guessing, and if so, mata or luiz may be casualties...I also feel de bruyne won't be here after jan..