• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

kev61   

People saying Conte got it wrong with  Costa are so wrong.Costa will go back to his roots as a player that has achieved very little.

6 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Barring a massive backflip by Conte and Costa, which is unlikely.  What's a tad surprising to me is that although there's plenty coming out of the Costa camp (Diego and his brother) on an almost daily basis, there's been absolutely nothing so far from the club, or even a confirming statement from Conte. Given the amount of comment/speculation out there regarding Costa, I find that odd.

Maybe the club is happy with the Managers explanation and awaiting Costa return to pre-season before discussing further and making any decision on his future

Just now, RobertoftheGiz said:

Maybe the club is happy with the Managers explanation and awaiting Costa return to pre-season before discussing further and making any decision on his future

His 'private' explanation to the club, you mean? Yes, I suspect that's probably the case - what I've been surprised at primarily, is the  lack of public comment coming from Conte. After all, there's been plenty coming the other way!

xCELERYx   
7 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Barring a massive backflip by Conte and Costa, which is unlikely.  What's a tad surprising to me is that although there's plenty coming out of the Costa camp (Diego and his brother) on an almost daily basis, there's been absolutely nothing so far from the club, or even a confirming statement from Conte. Given the amount of comment/speculation out there regarding Costa, I find that odd.

From what I understand is that Conte has been backed privately. There probably isn't need for much else in terms of public confirmation by Conte or the club with how frequently Costa is running his yapper to the media. Maybe it's also a ploy by the club in an attempt to help preserve as much value as possible? Who knows at this point.

paulw66   
13 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Reading that it really hits home how deeply screwed we'll be if the rumoured departures of Fabregas, Hazard and Costa actually materialises... 

I'm sure any club would say the same if you took their three top performers out in this category

How would Spurs look if you took out Kane, Alli and Ericson? 

23 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

How would Spurs look if you took out Kane, Alli and Ericson? 

Statistically more handsome.

9 minutes ago, blue moon said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40286980

JT and Harry? Can't quite see it, myself. More dignified to just retire.

Can't lose can he?
If they stay up he is the hero, if they go back down that was inevitable.    
Much as Old Harry is thinking too I guess.

As they say in Dorset, Old Harry Rocks...  

He's on a year's contract, supported by Jeff Vetere as director of football to 'help in identifying and signing players', and who's been at Real Madrid, Newcastle, West Ham and Aston Villa. Presumably old Spud'u'like is focusing on shoring up last year's rather leaky defence, and JT should go some way to organising that for him. Nsue, Grounds, Robinson, Shotton, Dacres-Cogley, Morrison and Keita in defence currently, so he'll have his work cut out, unless you can disabuse me? Mind you, to be honest, the whole team is a bit nondescript. I'd imagine they'll stay up, but promotion seems unlikely.

16 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Reading that it really hits home how deeply screwed we'll be if the rumoured departures of Fabregas, Hazard and Costa actually materialises... 

Wouldn't that be the case for any team who's (arguably) best three players left?