Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

35,680 posts in this topic

Nobody oonside on my call for Martial? He'd be eager to leave Jose I believe and Jose can't wait to get rid of a LVG signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Nobody oonside on my call for Martial? He'd be eager to leave Jose I believe and Jose can't wait to get rid of a LVG signing.

Brilliant player, would welcome him here anyday, a bonus would be to throw Matic in the deal ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Nobody oonside on my call for Martial? He'd be eager to leave Jose I believe and Jose can't wait to get rid of a LVG signing.

He'd be my first choice, realistic, forward target this summer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Nobody oonside on my call for Martial? He'd be eager to leave Jose I believe and Jose can't wait to get rid of a LVG signing.

I wouldn't be against it. Our attackers have less defensive responsibility than at United, so he could actually play in any of the positions across the front three.

Not sure I'd make him a priority though, in the same way a Bakayaro or Lukaku are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do hope the club watches what utter rubbish the Daily Mail is printing and takes some kind of retribution in the upcoming season, I'd like to see them banned from the Bridge for starters . So far , Conte is going to be sacked over texting Costa , he wants to go back to Italy , despite his wife and daughter coming over and we're not signing anyone , despite them connecting us with every player still breathing in World soccer.

There is a decidedly anti Chelsea editorial agenda during every season but this is beyond the pale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I do hope the club watches what utter rubbish the Daily Mail is printing and takes some kind of retribution in the upcoming season, I'd like to see them banned from the Bridge for starters . So far , Conte is going to be sacked over texting Costa , he wants to go back to Italy , despite his wife and daughter coming over and we're not signing anyone , despite them connecting us with every player still breathing in World soccer.

There is a decidedly anti Chelsea editorial agenda during every season but this is beyond the pale.

The Mail are a disgrace. Not sure if anyone has seen the disgusting articles they've written about the man and his family who owned the company who installed (not manufactured) the cladding for that tower block.  

Libellous.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ham said:

The Mail are a disgrace. Not sure if anyone has seen the disgusting articles they've written about the man and his family who owned the company who installed (not manufactured) the cladding for that tower block.  

Libellous.  

 

Yeah , how any of what horror occurred can be blamed on him is beyond me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Rob B said:

I wouldn't be against it. Our attackers have less defensive responsibility than at United, so he could actually play in any of the positions across the front three.

Not sure I'd make him a priority though, in the same way a Bakayaro or Lukaku are.

I'd prefer Martial over Lukaku. If inke Martial will be sold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GURJ SS said:

Tammy is ready for his chance, if he is good enough for a loan to the PL he is good enough for his chance - or the flip side is that we don't bother giving young players a chance and just buy them back for £70M+. I think fans get caught between wanting the club to bring through talent and wanting to win it all every season; we will have to accept that if we bring through talent that it will cost us a few matches.

Regarding RLC, in my opinion bringing him on when we've given up attacking or when throwing the kitchen sink is the same as not playing him, when a player is given a chance they must be starting alongside the first team's first selection, and not the 3rd selection - otherwise he might as well go play with the reserves. 

Sure Tammy is ready - but no more ready than Michy who started just 1 PL game last season.  I just don't see the point in either spending the season at the Bridge next season if they start 5 or fewer PL games, nor do I see that happening.

One or both should be invested in by getting games at high Championship or PL level.  And Tammy is the better investment.

 

RLC - I agree final few minute appearances are of little value.  But last season he started 4 cup games.  The season before he started 4 cup games and 4 PL games (times were desperate).  In none of his starts has he looked good, and his only impressive performance was a last 10 minutes not long ago.  As I said a whole stack of players have been moved on and sold with fewer starts that RLC has had, some of them (Salah, Lukaku) with far greater reputation.  We have watched him start 12 first team games now. He has been a huge disappointment relative to his reputation, and I don't see how he can continue to get chances based purely on his youth/U21 form of 2 years ago (he has played 1 club U21 game in 2 years now).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now