• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Mundo Deportivo saying Alves is off to City. Caballero might be going to Newcastle to be their number one.

Clearly those deals, if they do happen, are far from done, if at all.

Everton have been and still are spending money like its going out of fashion (another deal almost done today apparently).

I'm increasingly of the opinion that the much speculated done deal of July 1st is Lukaku - and we've delayed the announcement to time with the kit launch. Everton are spending now so they don't get overcharged after the sale is public, as everyone will know they have money then.

Makes a lot of sense. Could be wrong. Guess we'll see.

Edited by James Prescott

Dingus   

I'd have liked Alves here as he'd be a significant upgrade on Moses, but I guess the higher ups wouldn't want to offer him more than a years contract and City will give him at least two.

jones   

I think both Lukaku and Bakayoko are all but done. Basically not a single other CF or CM mentioned in the media in weeks. Tells you all you need to know. 

We are obviously in for a CB too, but at the moment it is hard to tell whether we have any chance at Bonucci or van Dijk - and since names like Manolas and Koulibaly have been mentioned also, that is an indication we are hedging our bets.

I think we are going for an upgrade on Alonso too, and I personally would love Sandro. As zaffo has argued earlier, Azpi may play more RWB next season with Christensen and a new CB coming in. We do need two quality WB for each side, regardless of what some people in here try to make of that position. Bertrand is a dark horse, we might go for him if we don't get Sandro.

Since Costa is bound to leave, I wouldn't mind Batshuayi staying, since there is a limit to how many players should leave and come in during a short period of time. He finished the season on a high, and should get more game time next season. We still need more quality and depth in attack, and ideally we get someone capable of playing AM/CF, although a player like Sanchez seems unrealistic. We are more likely to buy a new AM like Berardi, Bernardeschi or Mahrez, and I'd settle for any of those even though I prefer another world class player in those positions.

I would be very happy with a squad like this, as long as all of our new signings are blessed by Conte:

CB: Luiz, Cahill, Christensen, Aké + NEW (Bonucci/van Dijk/Manolas/Koulibaly)

WB: Alonso, Azpi, Moses + NEW (Sandro)

CM: Kanté, Fabregas, Matic, Chalobah, Bakayoko

AM: Hazard, Pedro, Willian, Musonda + NEW (Berardi)

CF: Batshuayi, Lukaku

Total spend of around 250mp. We have sold for 37mp already this season, and with the Oscar money we are looking at close to 100mp in player sales. Add Costa, Traore, MvG, Hector, Pasalic, Kalas, Piazon to that list and there is another 70mp. Net spend of 80-100mp is by all means realistic.

• Like 1

kratos   

Well the mirror certainly likes to think they are in the know.

RA tells Conte he has to sell before he can buy.

Looking at Everton's dealing already, the Lukaku sale must already have been done - they are just delaying the announcement to get negotiate some purchases first.  

Not that that necessarily means Lukaku is coming to us.

kev61   
On 2017-6-16 at 3:11 PM, Sleeping Dave said:

He'll still be 33 in February. He relies on his physique a lot more than other top players. 

His demise can kick in anytime and once it does it may be quick. I wouldn't consider him at all. 

As an aside - I'm hearing that Costa, Matic and Cahill may be on their way out. Apparently they have put their houses on the market... No idea how legitimate it is but just passing on what I've heard. 

I've just put our house on the market.I don't like the neighbourhood but I'm not moving abroad(much as I would like too.).

3 hours ago, kratos said:

RA tells Conte he has to sell before he can buy.

Scoop! Every single transfer window, without fail. They just change the names, as required.

Just to point out the obvious to those who appear to be getting frustrated with our apparent lack of transfer activity: 

'The summer transfer window will formally open on 1 July, although clubs can arrange to sign players prior to that point, and close at the end of August'.

Just to be clear - that's 12/13 days from now before anything starts to get serious. Now, that doesn't mean that we haven't signed anybody - just that we haven't announced anything (see possibly, Lukaku).

Just thought I'd mention it.........:).  As you were then.........

xCELERYx   
2 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Just to point out the obvious to those who appear to be getting frustrated with our apparent lack of transfer activity: 

'The summer transfer window will formally open on 1 July, although clubs can arrange to sign players prior to that point, and close at the end of August'.

Just to be clear - that's 12/13 days from now before anything starts to get serious. Now, that doesn't mean that we haven't signed anybody - just that we haven't announced anything (see possibly, Lukaku).

Just thought I'd mention it.........:).  As you were then.........

But Man City this, Everton that. We need to act now....

I know perspective is an often overlooked aspect on here but it's nice to see make an appearance now and again, thank you.

150-350m for 32 year old Ronaldo would be right up there with other Roman vanity buys. Personally I dont think he will leave RM for anywhere he is just posturing as Rooney used to when his stock was high. Whatever happened to that Rooney chap? and he has never got over Bale costing what he did. He wants to be loved a bit more...... financially. RM should be able to do it once they have cleared up the last lot of unpaid tax