• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

6 hours ago, Box of Tricks said:

We'll roll out the big guns on July 1st. I'm confident of it. Complete with some flashy new kits and a Nike inspired trendy hashtag.

In the meantime, we'll just have to put up with the press throwing a load of **** against a wall and hoping some of it sticks.

This.

How about #LukBack #BakBlue or something, depending on who it is...

I don't care much for the 'how much we've earned/how much we can spend' arguments/discussions, and I'm happy enough to leave that in the hands of people at the club who are paid to know what they're doing! My belief though, is that we'll have a very handsome transfer budget to work with, and come July 1st (or shortly thereafter) we'll announce the signing of  Caballero (GK), Bakayoko (MF), Manolas (CB), Sandro (LWB), and Lukaku (ST) to kick things off.

More to follow, is my guess, as well as the possibility of youngsters such as Abraham, Baker, Rahman, Hector, Passaic, Pantic, and Brown looking to press during the pre-season, with a view to grabbing a squad spot. 

Matic, Costa, Traore, Piazon, MvG, Loftus-Cheek, and Remy (etc.) all heading in the opposite direction, and providing additional funds, hopefully. 

4 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Matic, Costa, Traore, Piazon, MvG, Loftus-Cheek, and Remy (etc.) all heading in the opposite direction, and providing additional funds, hopefully. 

Most very likely..  RLC won't be easy to shift on his wages though.
And I have a sneaky suspicion that Costa will still be here in September.  If he had something sorted out already we wouldn't be getting the messages we've heard.

jones   

I think the signs around Alex Sandro is positive. Marotta's comments indicate Juve's willingness to sell for the right price. Sandro is on fairly low wages and we should be able to convince him Chelsea and PL football is the right next step. Agreeing terms with Juve is the main thing, but as said before they either have to double Sandro's wages themselves or let us do it. The money on the table is a lot to turn down, especially considering the other options they are pursuing (I.e., Rakitic, Iniesta). More important for them to keep hold of a player like Dybala too. Plus, we have Matic as a last solution option to throw in, who they have been targeting for quite some time.

I'd say a deal for Sandro seems at least as likely as no deal at the moment.

Lukaku and Bakayoko are all but done. I suppose we are in the last phase of negotiation, fighting to save a few million quid on each player. Which is probably what is frustrating Conte. Get those deals done so we can work on our next targets, CB and AM in addition to offloading Costa for as much as possible. Don't for a second believe the rumours of a row between Conte and the club. There is friction for sure. There is pressure. At the same time there is a contract extension as part of the political game between them. And it is all very natural at this level.

The club has a lot to prove to both manager and fans this summer, which they are very much aware on. They have been working on the Lukaku and Bakayoko deals for a long time, and are pursuing other top targets as well (Sandro etc.). But they too have a responsibility to not be held to ransom in negotiations, there is a very negative long-term effect to show desperation and that is one of the reasons things are "dragging out" (although, remember it is still only June 19). That is also the reason why different journalists get different messages from "club sources": when the papers are writing about Chelsea's massive transfer budget, the club spreads the rumour that we have to sell before we buy.

I actually have a good feeling about this window. 

Edited by jones

Just out of interest is Sandro worth £55m when Mendy is apprantly goung for £40m? (Although I do suspect wages are a big factor)

paulw66   
On 6/16/2017 at 4:21 AM, Sleeping Dave said:

I respectfully disagree the risk is zero all three will leave.

Costa is a given.

If Real makes a £100+ offer for Hazard it's out of our hands. 

Fabregas may look to play more and if a good team comes along we'll have a hard time convincing him to stay. 

It may be unlikely, but zero risk it isn't. 

Whilst you make points that are difficult to argue against for each player individually as to why they might go, I think you are ignoring one thing, and that is that three scenarios outlined above are not mutually exclusive. 

Example, if Real lay £100m on the table today and Hazard says I want to go, and it happens; I think that will change the chances of Costs and Fabregas going. Perhaps Conte would think, "I am losing Hazard, perhaps I need to make up with Costa" or "I definitely need Fabregas' creativity".... 

I agree that for any of the three, they might move on, but I don't believe for a second we would allow all 3 to go in one window. 

On 6/16/2017 at 4:45 AM, chelsea_matt said:

This.

paulw66   
21 hours ago, chelsea_matt said:

I'd go for Shane Long. Massively under rated in my opinion.

Is it April 1st? What role would Shane Long have in our squad? Why not just keep Traore or Abraham, the second of whom has just scored more Championship goals in one season for an awful side than Long has in his career (turns 31 in January) 

9 hours ago, James Prescott said:

Shane Long and Giroud? Nowhere near my club thanks. This a a club which wants to challenge for the title and CL, not the top four and EL.

Some sanity from Jimmy P.

Long has 41 career PL goals and is 30. 

Giroud, turning 31 in September, struggled to get in to a side that just finished 5th. West Ham would be a good fit. 

Have some people forgotten we have just won the league and are looking to move forward, not backwards?

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, Dingus said:

do we really need to spend that sort of money on a LWB? Seems a lot to spend in what isn't a problem area. 

Would be quite happy to stick with Alonso and use one of Baba, Kenedy or Ake as back up.