Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,414 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, DannyLB said:

Strongly linked to Adama Traore at the moment.

Oh dear 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Oh dear 

My thoughts exactly. That signing would worry me a lot.

2 hours ago, DannyLB said:

Strongly linked to Adama Traore at the moment.

Can only assume he'll be bought on a punt & loaned straight out to Holland or similar, with a view to making a few bob on him in a few years time... in the same way we are rumoured to be with Traore. 

I hope so anyway as I really don't rate the guy, he's all pace and nothing else. 

11 minutes ago, Rob B said:

I hope so anyway as I really don't rate the guy, he's all pace and nothing else. 

Maybe someone on the board is having a laugh at Conte.

Call yourself a coach ?

Coach this !

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Imagine if Conte could coach him though, his raw pace alone can cause problems, having a more refined game would make him a genuine threat.

Just the thought of him breaking on the counter with Hazard, Lukaku and a Willian/Pedro mix is frightening stuff in terms of speed.

Edited by zaffo

40 minutes ago, zaffo said:

Imagine if Conte could coach him though, his raw pace alone can cause problems, having a more refined game would make him a genuine threat.

Just the thought of him breaking on the counter with Hazard, Lukaku and a Willian/Pedro mix is frightening stuff in terms of speed.

Sure. But speed without the ball is one thing. It's generally a pro of you can manage to get the ball to follow your movements;) 

He's very, very quick though. But considering a technical player like Willian are deemed by many as not good enough for us, players like Adama T and Salah aren't even viable options. They are several levels below Willian imo. 

Lewandowski rumours gathering pace. Two major papers tomorrow saying we have made a serious enquiry. 

Don't believe them for a second. But what a player. 43 goals last season. That would be a huge statement.

Also stories coming out we've still not agreed a deal for Lukaku (not a surprise, given it's us, and that big deals take time). 

Encouraged that Conte is about to sign his deal. Sure sign that some major deals are about to break, for me anyway.

20 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Lewandowski rumours gathering pace. Two major papers tomorrow saying we have made a serious enquiry. 

Don't believe them for a second. But what a player. 43 goals last season. That would be a huge statement.

Also stories coming out we've still not agreed a deal for Lukaku (not a surprise, given it's us, and that big deals take time). 

Encouraged that Conte is about to sign his deal. Sure sign that some major deals are about to break, for me anyway.

Reading a different article where Everton are getting their replacement for Lukaku in. Don't forget we probably won't be announcing marquee signings until 1 July. 

If we haven't announced anyone of note by 2 July then you have my permission to freak out. 

41 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

The Sun, The Mirror, and The Metro. All pillars of the British sporting press! File under: Anything is possible, I guess, but I would be staggered!

Don't believe them for a second.

Quite.

It's all 'ifs' and 'buts', but if Everton are seriously sticking to a valuation somewhere between 80-100 mill for Lukaku, then it's not exactly a surprise if no deal has been reached, is it? 80 - 100 mill for Lukaku? Seriously? 

13 hours ago, JaneB said:

Robert Lewandowski anyone?

Not for me me Jane - I would rather have Mario Mandzukic,a player that can plough a lone furrow.