• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

18 minutes ago, Flinkers said:

Agreed, I think he'd be one of the best forward signings we could make. It'll probably all blow over, but if he was available we should certainly take a crack at him.

We'd be talking about a fee in the €100m+ range though for Bayern to even consider it.

I think he would be THE best forward signing we could make, others may arguably be better than him, although not many, but he would be the perfect fit for us.

I agree it will blow over and it's just a pipe dream but if we are looking at Lukaku for the money being mentioned then we would absolutely be interested in Lewandoski for a bit more if he was available.

Unfortunately the 'source' Sky are using is Guillem Balague so it's almost certainly made up nonsense.

If the sale of Bertrand Traore goes through it will probably mean Lacazette moving to Arsenal. Has anyone watched enough of him to know if he would be a good (and cheaper) option for our style of play? Apparently he is available for 45-50m we may be able to get that down with Traore going the other way. The fact that Athletico wanted him is a promising sign considering their track record with strikers!! I imagine me raising this question at the time we are linked with Lewandowski will lad to everyone saying he is rubbish or not as good...

If not my preference would be a Prem loan for Traore to see if he is good and not strengthen Arsenal, Everton were rumoured to ne interested as well in which case we can use him to sweeten the Lukaku deal.

I also saw some quotes in an article from 'a close relative' of Bats' saying he doesn't want to go on loan because he will come back and be on the fringes again, he would prefer a sale. This is contrary to Bats's quotes saying he would do whatever the club tell him.

LEWANDOWSKI WANTS TO STAY’

Bayern Munich have responded to speculation linking Robert Lewandowskiwith a summer transfer, insisting the Poland international wants to remain at the Allianz Arena.

A club statement released to Sky Sports News HQ read: “Lewandowski’s contract expires 2021, he signed it not long ago.

“Lewandowski does not want to leave Bayern. There are no talks with other clubs and there won’t be any.

“If other clubs negotiate with long time contract players they risk a FIFA penalty.”

Sky sources understand Chelsea and Manchester United have held preliminary talks to try to lure Lewandowski to the Premier League.

28 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

“If other clubs negotiate with long time contract players they risk a FIFA penalty.”

Sky sources understand Chelsea and Manchester United have held preliminary talks to try to lure Lewandowski to the Premier League.

Manchester Uniteds name will now be erased from the article as the media lead with " Chelsea in Lewandowski tap up row".

Kezza   

I wouldn't prefer Lukaku here. Let him go to Utd for 80m and we sign Martial for 30m. You know deep down Jose wants to do it.

I may be very alone on this, but I'd seriously prefer Lukaku over Lewandowski. 

Lewandowski has never played in a seriously competitive league and always played for the best or second best German team. 

€100m? You're having a freaking laugh. He's virtually an Inzaghi and an old version at that. We need a lot more than that and even though I have serious reservations about Lukaku he's preferable to Lewandowski imo.

Ham   
39 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I may be very alone on this, but I'd seriously prefer Lukaku over Lewandowski. 

Lewandowski has never played in a seriously competitive league and always played for the best or second best German team. 

€100m? You're having a freaking laugh. He's virtually an Inzaghi and an old version at that. We need a lot more than that and even though I have serious reservations about Lukaku he's preferable to Lewandowski imo.

The clear advantage Lukaku has is that he IS proven in the premier league and for a lesser team than Chelsea. 

kev61   
11 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Sorry, but I thought discussing politics was a no-no around here! ;-)

I doff my 10 and sixpenny hat to you sir🍻