• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

33 minutes ago, Ham said:

The clear advantage Lukaku has is that he IS proven in the premier league and for a lesser team than Chelsea. 

Sure. 

May main problem is that Lewandowski feels like a very, very big fish is a very, very small pond...

I think he may struggle a lot more than people think... Great finisher but not much else. Will that matter more than people think?

Imo yes. 

Holymoly   
8 hours ago, chelboy said:

I think the Lewandoski thing is just his agent trying to get the player what he wants from the club. Bayern wont sell for anything under £100M. That is a gurantee.  I dont even think Bayern would listen to any offers. We wont spend £100M  on him even if he did want to leave. We can hold talks but realistically we are not going to sign him.  Quite surprised some fans believe it might happen. 

If he is to leave Bayern and it's between Manure and ourselves I can't see him going with us unless Ballack gets involved. That said the first word of this post is the main stumbling block.

8 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

NO no no Diego ! Of course you're still in my plans , here, give Robert a hand with his cases , there's a good chap.

Mark

who would you really want lead the line next season

a, Costa - proven goal scorer for the club

b, Lukaku - proven goal scorer for a mid table pl team

c, Lewandowski - no experience in pl and 29 years old. 

BTW - Guns n' Roses were tremendous at the weekend 

Rob B   
8 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Mark

Appreciate this isn't addressed to me, but I'd go C) Lewandoski all day long.

He's 28 currently, (same as Costa, they're two months apart) and simply put, he's the best player.

In my opinion, he's the only 'world class' striker on that list, and isn't likely to come with any baggage, which can't always be said for the other two 

Edited by Rob B
Typo

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Sure. 

May main problem is that Lewandowski feels like a very, very big fish is a very, very small pond...

I think he may struggle a lot more than people think... Great finisher but not much else. Will that matter more than people think?

Imo yes. 

I recall lots of people saying similar things about Zlatan... he didn't do too badly for a pensioner playing his first season in a "real" league!

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

In my opinion, he's the only 'world class' striker on that list

That he may be, of course. However, it would appear that he doesn't want to leave Bayern, and they don't want to sell him. So all this discussion about him and Chelsea, is a bit pointless, isn't it?

19 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

That he may be, of course. However, it would appear that he doesn't want to leave Bayern, and they don't want to sell him. So all this discussion about him and Chelsea, is a bit pointless, isn't it?

Yeah you are probably right but I find Bayern's response a little off. If the player wanted to stay so much then why would he even entertain talking to others clubs and potentially be tapped up? For me their statement may indicate a club has turned his head. However, with a contract until 2021 and the club being Bayern, I think the chances of us or Utd getting him are slim to none. 

In other news it appears Bakayoko is on his way which I know will please many around here. However, what is interesting is that it appears Matic may go to Utd as a result. If that happens then we will need another CM. At which point I hope to god we can poach Veratti (a lot of ifs and buts I know!). 

GURJ SS   
2 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Ideally option A regardless of who they are, but B could become A and a legend too.

Gutted at missing out on a chance to see G n' R.

54 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

Yeah you are probably right but I find Bayern's response a little off. If the player wanted to stay so much then why would he even entertain talking to others clubs and potentially be tapped up? For me their statement may indicate a club has turned his head. However, with a contract until 2021 and the club being Bayern, I think the chances of us or Utd getting him are slim to none. 

1. We don't know for certain that the player has talked to any club. It's just newspaper gibberish, until proven otherwise.

2. There's no such thing as 'tapping up' in Europe. It's a distinctly UK concept.

3. Exactly.

kev61   
2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

I recall lots of people saying similar things about Zlatan... he didn't do too badly for a pensioner playing his first season in a "real" league!

If zlatan were to read this forum he would have a very good chuckle.we have on our books a top class centre forward with an attitude.How do we appease this person?.Bring him back into the fold with kindness? - if that doesn't work - take a hit and get rid?.