Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,414 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, jangz said:

Looks like a major clear out happening with the academy this season.

I think you mean last season's "loan army"... probably to make room for a new "loan army" made up of last season's academy.  😉

2 people like this

8 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Well, I doubt that too. However there is a possibility (however unlikely) that we won't be able to make it work between us and Atletico. The lack of any official comment (from either club) week's after the event, makes me think that we and they have people beavering-away in our respective bunkers, wrestling with the issue. Hopefully, they'll get it done.

A bloke who has banged in 52 goal in EPL in 83 games is worth keeping

Hopefully he and the manager will have a good chat when he returns for pre-season training

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Woa -  £5.4m for a kid who had a bigger reputation when he arrived at 16 than he has now.  Who will be 21 in October, and has 14 U21 caps in 3 years (his elder brother, who only ever had 2 first team appearances for Mechelen got 9 U21 caps).
Father was a regular international for Zambia, he had 2 older brothers turn pro too, and joined him at Chelsea, so the form at a young age was not so surprising.

My guess is we squeezed out of this one with a tiny loss on the threesome - well done the Academy.

I disagree. 

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I disagree. 

I'm sure he was having a good season in Spain before we brought him back for no apparent reason iirc.

Looks like we are clearing the decks ready for the new influx.

1 hour ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Hopefully he and the manager will have a good chat when he returns for pre-season training

Wishful thinking. He's gone.The only questions are 1) exactly when, and 2) exactly how much.

10 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Wishful thinking. He's gone.The only questions are 1) exactly when, and 2) exactly how much.

Part of that clear out that we can't talk about until it has happened !

13 hours ago, kev61 said:

Well said that man.I was thinking exactly the same thing.I admit I have no clue about many prospective players we are linked with - but we are doing alright with our current hierarchy are we not?.

We have let many players go, that I have questioned the decision - but certainly not managers.We were right to sack every manager in my time supporting Chelsea and that has been the recipe for our success in recent years.

To compare player x and player y is banter(because we really don't know) but insightful in the way we think as individuals.I don't like Lukaku,that is just my opinion - I sincerely hope he proves me wrong.

Including Carlo Kev?

16 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Including Carlo Kev?

Average league manager imo, great record in Europe though. Probably the reason why went for him, unfortunately we were rubbish on the CL whilst he was here. 

What is this made up nonsense in the press linking us with Delle Ali?! 

12 hours ago, Vinod said:

Probably because a lot of them are in the last year of their contract.

Yeah realised that.. but my bigger worry is that we failed 2 seasons in a row with our summer signings. This season is not looking much better..

I have huge doubts on how well this transfers team has been doing its job.. not a single identified target has been signed..

stones, Luke shaw, Vidal, kalidou koulilaby, etc