Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,414 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Sky Sports UK now saying we've agreed a £34 million deal for Rudiger. 

Well that's something.

Woohoo Khalid Bouhlaraz MKII! I'm probably exaggerating, but not by that much . Would much rather have Manolas

1 hour ago, Dingus said:

Is that what's grating on you with this whole Lukaku transfer Dave, the fact he decided against competing against Torres and Eto'o?

As I said, I felt the same as you initially, but when it's all said and done, he's a better striker now by being away from the club than a few years ago.

It's certainly one thing that grates me. He crumbled under the pressure of competing with a 36 year old Eto'o and a Torres that had been finished for a good few years. That's outrageous from a young striker with such high opinion of himself. 

It doesn't help either that all I see when I watch him is deficiencies in his game and how he oozes of being a "big fish in a small pond" type of player. 

When people then talk about a £100m fee as being perfectly normal for a player like Lukaku it all goes black for me.

Madness! ****ing madness! 

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

That video was taken many years ago, and while he may still be a Chelsea 'fan', he's also a professional footballer. As such, he will go to wherever he feels his career will progress the best, along with such tawdry incidentals like wages, bonuses, signing-on fees and such like. That's why he left Chelsea in the first place and why I'm not as certain as you that he'll return.

Personally, I'm not too fussed who we sign, so long as Conte is happy with them. If we sign Lukaku, great... if we don't, however, I shan't cry like a baby, throw my toys out of the pram, whilst posting how the club are a 'disgrace'

It's not meant as a childish rant about Lukaku.

My anger is more about the bigger point - are we prepared to spend big to get players we want and need to challenge for the big trophies?

Has Torres shambles made us petrified to risk any big money at all?

If we won't spend on Lukaku there is no reason to say we will for anyone else. And that's what is a disgrace, for a club who claim to want to win PL titles and CL titles regularly.

54 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Well if £40M can get you Andre Silva and £50M can get you Lacazette then I don't understand how £100M gets you Lukaku. Something is clearly wrong there.

Lol. Spot on there! We are not unambitious if we end up refusing paying  £100m for Lukaku. 

That's called being smart. 

What did City pay for Gabriel?

There are talents out there for a lot less than £100m. 

6 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Lol. Spot on there! We are not unambitious if we end up refusing paying  £100m for Lukaku. 

That's called being smart. 

What did City pay for Gabriel?

There are talents out there for a lot less than £100m. 

I hope we are not going to start crediting City with being Moneywise in the transfer market.
If you buy enough £27m 19 year olds, yes one will be a great success.  But you may well have spent £100m to get not 4, but just 1 decent player.

1 person likes this

Woe, Woe, and thrice Woe.

Matic and Kante doing an interview on the Official site.  Well I suppose the good news is that Kante will probably stay.

6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Woe, Woe, and thrice Woe.

Matic and Kante doing an interview on the Official site.  Well I suppose the good news is that Kante will probably stay.

Lol I give you credit, you always stick to your guns Droy.

Imagine if James supported another team?

1 hour ago, James Prescott said:

Its both amateur and pathetic. And it happens every year. Go after big money signings and miss out because we won't pay what it takes to get them.

Is it? Does it? Then mate, please explain with all this rampant incompetence, how have we managed to win 2 out of the past 3 Premier League titles, and build what I think is a pretty decent squad as it stands? That wasn't Arsenal winning those 2 titles, or Man Utd, or Man City, or Liverpool, or even Everton - that was Chelsea, who surely must be doing something right? Enough 'right' you'd have thought, to give them the benefit of the doubt until we ACTUALLY KNOW WHO WE HAVE SIGNED, AND HAVEN'T SIGNED!

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

We may be in for the smallest first team squad ever seen in football then.....

Hear hear sir!