Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,414 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

A bigger (potential) loss than Costa, in my opinion...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/chelsea-watford-transfer-news-pole-position-sign-nathaniel-chalobah-a7825896.html
 

For me, there seems to be very little difference between Chalobah and Bakayoko, except we already own Chalobah and he's home grown!

So depressing if this happens. We let Ake go and bring in Rudiger and then possibly let this lad go too, yet the replacement is a marginal upgrade at best.

I just don't get some of the decisions we make at times. It really does frustrate me.

By Xmas most of football will be questioning why we let Ake go to replace him with a player who cost £13 million more and is no better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I'd really like to see the fee paid for Costa by Atletico if this does get completed very soon. The figure itself will be so very interesting and revealing. On one end we have £90m rejected in Janaury from China to Atletico offering £22m as their first bid which I hope Chelsea replied with a clear GTFO, so let's see.  Minimum has to be 40m surely, I'm going to guess 40-45m region. Anything in the 30's will be disappointing, considering the Oscar sale and the China offer for Costa we turned down, it'd be like giving up that whole Oscar deal if we go from 90m down to 30 something.

Edited by ripz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, mahadsaid said:

Well sorry to say that he actually has left the club today according to, https://futbol.as.com/futbol/2017/07/05/primera/1499278661_168004.html?autoplay=1

I don't need much Spanish to know that "inminente" doesn't mean today.  
I still think the logical explanation will be off to China with a 6 month load to AM first.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a no nonsense defender, I like him hopefully everything will be wrapped up soon. oh by the way I have a friend who's a roma fan he says that his technique is way better than people give him credit for. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Thank you Mark.  That's a real compliment coming from you.  

Thank you Jane , very kind.

I think it may be Hernan Crespo's birthday today as well , we could do with a striker like him now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

A bigger (potential) loss than Costa, in my opinion...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/chelsea-watford-transfer-news-pole-position-sign-nathaniel-chalobah-a7825896.html
 

For me, there seems to be very little difference between Chalobah and Bakayoko, except we already own Chalobah and he's home grown!

Perhaps - but the key difference is that Bakayoko has played a lot of games, and because of a silly loan Chalobah has barely played for 2 years.  Bakayoko is ready to step up, Chalobah needs to step down.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2017/7/5/15921546/chelsea-fc-atletico-madrid-diego-costa-transfer-return-report-rumour-update

If the fee is only £22m then spending  £100m on Lukaku is even more barmy. It would have made more sense, albeit not much, if we had sold Costa for the rumoured figure from China, then some of the £100m would have been of set by that. 

To sell Costa for £22m and then replace him with Lukaku for £100m is quite possibly the worst bit of business in the history of football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Martin1905 said:

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2017/7/5/15921546/chelsea-fc-atletico-madrid-diego-costa-transfer-return-report-rumour-update

If the fee is only £22m then spending  £100m on Lukaku is even more barmy. It would have made more sense, albeit not much, if we had sold Costa for the rumoured figure from China, then some of the £100m would have been of set by that. 

To sell Costa for £22m and then replace him with Lukaku for £100m is quite possibly the worst bit of business in the history of football.

haha true that. hopefully the club can understand that as well, I'll be literally crying if we even consider lukaku for 100 million, we'll go from bad to worse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Thank you Jane , very kind.

I think it may be Hernan Crespo's birthday today as well , we could do with a striker like him now.

Indeed it is and indeed we could!!! So sick of the are they/aren't they sagas of Costa and Lukaku 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, James Prescott said:

The player valuation in football has gone up, with all the new money in the English game especially. I mean £30 million for Pickford? Two or three years ago that's £10-15 million at most. £100 million for Lukaku, would have been about £60 million only one or two years ago. Prices are definitely going up. Inflation within football, not the change in currency value, is what I'm talking about.

The current World transfer record is £89.3m. That was paid for the "best" young midfielder in the World. There is no precedent for spending £100m on a striker with no 1st touch that has never played in the CL (Anderlecht dont count). I dont care how many breakaway goals Everton score after being penned in by Watford.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now