Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,414 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Daily Mail now running the Lukaku to United story. Hijacking our move according to their story. Making out like it's as good as done

And if it happens, why will that be? Because they put their money where their mouth is and we try to cut corners. 

If we had got the deal done already then this wouldn't have happened. We need a top class striker sorted this month. 

Now we have three or four weeks to get someone else, who probably won't be as good, whilst having to watch United have two strikers we were interested in playing together, with Rashford in reserve.

Its just sickening. It used to be us trumping other clubs for players. Now it's us getting trumped because we can't close a deal. 

Belotti will probably go to Milan, and then who do we get? There isn't anyone else of sufficient quality and who fits our style of play available. 

We'll be screwed up front next season if we don't sort this issue out fast. 

I just hope there is still time to sort a deal for Lukaku or Belotti 

Calm down; NOTHING has happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bob Singleton said:

Calm down; NOTHING has happened.

Thankfully.

My only hope is that Raiola is pushing this to force our hand. I still think we can get him, because in my view Lukaku still wants Chelsea deep down. And it will force our hand. If we match United's offer it's down to Lukaku - and if he really wants us, then he can still make that happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morata will go to United, we will get Lukaku. I expect that this latest story is a way of pressuring Madrid and ourselves, with regards to the fees. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Thankfully.

My only hope is that Raiola is pushing this to force our hand. I still think we can get him, because in my view Lukaku still wants Chelsea deep down. And it will force our hand. If we match United's offer it's down to Lukaku - and if he really wants us, then he can still make that happen.

My hope is that united pay that ridiculous fee and we dodge a bullet, back in the days 100 million would have got you the best player in the world, today? I have no words about these inflated prices. Lukaku is garbage that's the truth we should spend our money elsewhere. We can't go from bad (costa) to worse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mikel-Momo-12 said:

My hope is that united pay that ridiculous fee and we dodge a bullet, back in the days 100 million would have got you the best player in the world, today? I have no words about these inflated prices. Lukaku is garbage that's the truth we should spend our money elsewhere. We can't go from bad (costa) to worse. 

Lukaku is not "garbage" and Costa is certainly not "bad". The hyperbole does not help whatever point you are trying to make. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

Lukaku is not "garbage" and Costa is certainly not "bad". The hyperbole does not help whatever point you are trying to make. 

Some people seem to forget that there is more to the game than scoring goals as a striker, what they both lack as footballers are intelligence, on top of that they are both extremely limited technically,.furthermore, costa disappears for 6 months every season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mikel-Momo-12 said:

Some people seem to forget that there is more to the game than scoring goals as a striker

Certainly helps though, particularly if you can score lots of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2017/07/05/hell-stay-hell-play-hell-sign-new-deal-celtics-hopes-of-landing-chelsea-talent-over/342186/

According to this article Musonda is not joining Celtic but instead signing a new contract and staying as part of the squad next season. 

That would be good news if it turns out to be the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now