• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

13 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Sky Sources say only 'accepted a bid'. That's far from a final deal being done. It's a deal with Everton, not the player.

If Lukaku does want Chelsea, he can refuse to negotiate with United or make them wait.

If we're fast then we can match that bid and Everton won't be able to refuse on the basis that they've agreed a fee with another club of the same amount,

Now, what's that phrase I'm looking for? Ah, yes... clutching at straws!

chelboy   

If £75M was the asking price then I doubt we really wanted him. We would have bid that for sure if we really rated him. Perhaps that is why Lukaku is going United because we never actually bid for him? I do not remember a bid being rejected or anything. 

No, I think we were negotiating a fee with Everton - but I suspect from a position of complacency, thinking that he'd choose us whatever happened. Plus, United had Rooney, who Everton wanted - so could have used that to get a lower price. 

It looks like Lukaku was their number one choice all along, Morata their fall back, and Rooney was what clinched it.

Still don't quite get why we don't just match United's offer now it's been accepted though. Matt Law is pretty reliable and said he was Conte's number one choice, and we never bid for Morata when United were negotiating for him, so nothing to suggest otherwise. 

We honestly need to get our bums in gear. Bakayoko and Rudiger still aren't confirmed yet, Sandro seems to have stalled and now we've lost Lukaku.

Season starts in 3 weeks time. Right now it's looking like 2015 all over again, and we know what happened then.

OK, so a new twist.

Senior Everton sources have told Talksport that they have NOT accepted a bid for Lukaku. And Darren Lewis of the Mirror saying we're not out of this yet whatsover, still well in the mix for Lukaku.

Jim White is basically Everton's owners mouthpiece, and just said reports of a fee agreed are false.

If that's true, it's clearly Raiola at work here trying to get us to up our game.

I actually would laugh if the whole 'agreed fee' is false, or if he still ends up with us in the end.

Edited by James Prescott

xCELERYx   
Just now, James Prescott said:

No, I think we were negotiating a fee with Everton - but I suspect from a position of complacency, thinking that he'd choose us whatever happened. Plus, United had Rooney, who Everton wanted - so could have used that to get a lower price. 

It looks like Lukaku was their number one choice all along, Morata their fall back, and Rooney was what clinched it.

Still don't quite get why we don't just match United's offer now it's been accepted though. Matt Law is pretty reliable and said he was Conte's number one choice, and we never bid for Morata when United were negotiating for him, so nothing to suggest otherwise. 

We honestly need to get our bums in gear. Bakayoko and Rudiger still aren't confirmed yet, Sandro seems to have stalled and now we've lost Lukaku.

Season starts in 3 weeks time. Right now it's looking like 2015 all over again, and we know what happened then.

James, how many times do people have to say that no one knows who Conte's first choice is/was? There's paper talk that suggests he wasn't, just as much as claiming he was. Realistically, you don't know. I don't know. No one knows for sure. 

Hell, just a few weeks ago Belotti was United "number one" option. Then there was Morata. 

Don't believe everything you read and you'll be doing yourself a massive favour for it. 

Would have liked to have Lukaku back at Chelsea, but not devastated if we miss out on him.

It's not that I'm not convinced by him, it's just that I don't think he's so important we need to smash out record for him. 

Sandro on the other hand is genuine world class quality who would step us up a level. That would disappoint me. 

Not signing Lukaku for £75m is the best bit of business we could have done this summer.

I expect Moratta may well have been Conte's first choice anyway and we were never actually interested in Lukaku. 

Just shows how much the media actually know. They've had him as nailed on to join us and we haven't even made a bid. 

1 minute ago, JezQ8 said:

people need to calm down,

window has not closed FFS 

For real though, if you're breaking the bank for a striker, you want them to get a solid pre-season with the side