• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

14 hours ago, James Prescott said:

You honestly think all journos just sit and make stuff up.

Of course some journos make up stuff, ...we all know that

That's how ridiculous you sound. 

Couldn't have put it better than the man himself...

Faramir   
3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

But the standard is so much higher now. Will the exception of Le Sax, none of those boys would make it into the academy side, let alone the first team. It is much easier to bring youth through when you are sh*t. 

Paul, this made me choke on my breakfast cereal.  lol...

Faramir   
3 hours ago, McCreadie said:

How do you square that off with us being top of the "Fees Paid By Premier League Clubs To Football Agents" table, along with City then? That is not it.

The reason that we are not signing 8 players in the first week of the window is because we are looking for value of some sort. We have targets and we have valuations for those targets. If we cannot get the player for the valuation (or at least around it), we walk. That has been going on for a good few years now and it is a result of the reckless scattergun approach of the first years under RA. We got taken for a ride so many times and we have had to change the approach to rebuild some sense of respect in transfer dealings. It is happening slowly, we are no longer an easy touch. Inevitably, that means we will miss out on the odd player here and there. I am fine with that. There is a balance to be had and the balance is somewhere between paying £30m for Kante, which was a steal and £100m for Lukaku, which is a complete nonsense. I would imagine that our valuation of Lukaku is around the £70m mark.

Excellent post McCreadie! Totally agree.

jones   

Bookies slashing odds on Llorente. 

I am not ruling out us going for 4-2-4, with Llorente, Batshuayi, Hazard and a big money signing (Lukaku, Morata etc) as CF options.

Edited by jones

Zoowraa   
19 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Does anyone know much about Belotti? I don't watch Italian football.

I seen a handful of his games early last season. Hard working striker, quite a physical presence and a handful to play against. Should have no issues handling PL after a settling in period, bit of pace to his game and all action type centre forward. Reminds me quite a bit of Christian Vieri from the 90s, not quite as big as Vieri, but similar type of physicality , pace and style of play. He would be a good addition at the right price, but the right price for me is around £35 million. I'm struggling to come to terms with players current valuations!

Juni   

Nothing, Leipzig are adamant they're not selling anyone.

Dingus   
50 minutes ago, Zoowraa said:

I seen a handful of his games early last season. Hard working striker, quite a physical presence and a handful to play against. Should have no issues handling PL after a settling in period, bit of pace to his game and all action type centre forward. Reminds me quite a bit of Christian Vieri from the 90s, not quite as big as Vieri, but similar type of physicality , pace and style of play. He would be a good addition at the right price, but the right price for me is around £35 million. I'm struggling to come to terms with players current valuations!

lol, you're living in a completely different world mate.

2 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Quite.

Nobody has ever said 'everything', just most things, as in 95% minimum. And history shows that this is exactly the case. If you bothered paying attention, James,  this wouldn't be 'news' to you. 

But Conte hasn't quit, and there's been no suggestion (other than from you and a couple of rubbish media sites) that he plans to any time soon. Or that he's even contemplating quitting. Or that he's remotely unhappy with the club, or our transfer business. None. Absolutely zip. Except that you keep suggesting that, based on the odd comment in some numpty newspaper. James, the man has been on holiday, and saying nothing. The rest is pure invention. 

Last I heard he was snogging some bloke's wife!!!  ;-)