Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,707 posts in this topic

Little Bradley Lowery, the 6 year old Sunderland fan suffering from cancer, sadly passed away today.

Puts all this discussion in perspective. RIP. 

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Little Bradley Lowery, the 6 year old Sunderland fan suffering from cancer, sadly passed away today.

Well said James , lovely little kid and massive , massive respect to Jermaine Defoe for showing the world that footballers are indeed human beings .RIP Little guy.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Well said James , lovely little kid and massive , massive respect to Jermaine Defoe for showing the world that footballers are indeed human beings .RIP Little guy.

Yep. Hear hear all round.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/07/torino-hatch-plan-to-ruin-chelseas-attempt-to-sign-andrea-belotti-6762242/

If this article is correct about Belotti and that he only earns £25k a week (I say only, wouldn't mind earning that myself!) If we say quadrupled his wages to 100k then although his transfer fee would be high (similar level to or possibly lower than lukaku) he could offer a much lower total investment seeing as Lukaku is reported to be asking for £200-250k a week. If he didn't qork out it would also make it easier to move him on. Obviously I am making assumptions on those figures but the lower investment would counteract the not Prem proven argument to some degree.

4 hours ago, Sciatika said:

The strange thing is not that there is huge mount of speculation in the trash media. That's always been true. Its that the news organisations who used to be quite reliable have become as crap as all the rest. One outcome of the Internet, imo, is the general lowering of standards when it comes to news reportage. More competition leads to a the more of the same. A presentation of narrative-based, homogeneous news reporting. Its not surprising that it can affect the critical faculties of those that consume it.

Internet, yes.  First to the news rather than being right is another big issue.  But the real issue is how PR firms can now manipulate the press by only giving the interesting story to those media that work with them.  First with a buzzing story that turns out to be wrong is not a problem.  Missing a buzzing story (right or wrong) is a major problem.
Football is just one of the news sections that suffers.

24 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/07/torino-hatch-plan-to-ruin-chelseas-attempt-to-sign-andrea-belotti-6762242/

If this article is correct about Belotti and that he only earns £25k a week (I say only, wouldn't mind earning that myself!) If we say quadrupled his wages to 100k then although his transfer fee would be high (similar level to or possibly lower than lukaku) he could offer a much lower total investment seeing as Lukaku is reported to be asking for £200-250k a week. 

I'm sure Belotti has an agent, and I'm sure the agent will demand about £200k a week too.

31 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

If this article is correct about Belotti and that he only earns £25k a week (I say only, wouldn't mind earning that myself!) If we say quadrupled his wages to 100k then although his transfer fee would be high (similar level to or possibly lower than lukaku) he could offer a much lower total investment seeing as Lukaku is reported to be asking for £200-250k a week. If he didn't qork out it would also make it easier to move him on. Obviously I am making assumptions on those figures but the lower investment would counteract the not Prem proven argument to some degree.

Good point that.  Although I'm always highly suspicious when newspapers "know" a player's salary (like they actually get paid weekly *rolls eyes*), surely any offer from  that Belotti were to receive from Chelsea would be a fair chunk more than Torino would be able to offer?

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'm sure Belotti has an agent, and I'm sure the agent will demand about £200k a week too.

If we are there only ones in for him it is a straight choice between 100k or 25k, Lukaku has offers from Everton and United at a higher level so has options and already earns considerably more than 25k

Edited by Lump Of Celery

That was pretty sobering news about Bradley...so going to calm it down in my comments now.

Calm, rational perspective Conte will stay. We'll likely sign Bakayoko, Rudiger and Sandro IMO.  Also have a hunch Llorente will join as backup.

The main striker will be one of Morata or Belotti in my view, though I'd love Aubangyang. Better player than most of the other strikers being touted around this summer, to be honest (Lukaku, Belotti, Morata - who are still excellent players btw) - and cheaper. 

We'll be fine.

52 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

I was so sad to hear this news, beautiful little fellow who showed all of us why football can be so special.

He might have only been 6 but my god did he live his life to the full! Did more in his short time than most do in a typical innings.  

Can't recall ever seeing him not smiling. 

I didn't realise it was possible to have genuine respect for a 6 year old. 

Lovely little boy gone too soon.