Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,707 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Just read that the Bakayoko deal has hit a snag due to the medical , it's been postponed as he's carrying a knock.

He's probably limping his way to Manchester as we speak.

Edited by Mark Kelly

5 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Costa hasn't reported for pre-season training

Hardly surprising given that Conte basically told him to p*ss off via text message! Maybe he's waiting to be asked (:)), or he's been told not to bother? I doubt that he needs to force his way out, because really he's about as far 'out' as you can get while still having a contract!

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

Just read that the Bakayoko deal has hit a snag due to the medical , it's been postponed as he's carrying a knock.

I'm reading that utd have hijacked it, admittedly, it's the Express and Sun.

On 7/7/2017 at 7:43 PM, Holymoly said:

. Perhaps the smart decision would have been to hang on to the likes of Ake, Traore and Atsu until we found suitable upgrades.

Why would we need to replace players that didn't play for us last season? Troare and Atsu literally didn't contribute a single minute, whilst Ake started one PL game after the title was won. No drama. At this moment in time, we haven't sold anyone who "contributed" last season. 

1 hour ago, xCELERYx said:

Telegraph reporting that RLC is close to joining Crystal Palace on loan for the season.

Good move if true. needs to play

If we lost Bakayoko too, we really would be a total laughing stock. Bakayoko could be a great long-term signing and we'll have screwed it up because, as usual, we take too long to close the deal. 

I don't see any other players of similar age or profile around, it would be arguably worse than Lukaku, because we'd got so far with Bakayoko, even booked him in for a medical. 

If the delay is due to an injury, then there's no reason to be worried. If it's for any other reason, then we should be. I expect that one to get resolved either way this week. I suspect along with a striker, that's their priority now Rudiger is signed.

Utd always wanted Bakayoko. It's seemingly because we are signing him that the Matic rumuors surfaced as they need a midfielder like those two. Any coincidence that the Matic rumuor has died down? Is Utd getting ahead with landing their preferred target instead? Worrying times.

Lol @ us still potentially keeping Matic after all this.

1 minute ago, Kezza said:

Utd always wanted Bakayoko. It's seemingly because we are signing him that the Matic rumuors surfaced as they need a midfielder like those two. Any coincidence that the Matic rumuor has died down? Is Utd getting ahead with landing their preferred target instead? Worrying times.

Word was all summer that they were after fabinho. I think the press are desperate to push the narrative that united are a bigger club than us, can hijack any of our deals, and our players are desperate to be reunited with Jose. I think the signing of Rudiger was about 12 stories down on the Daily Mail site, quite happy for us to fly under the radar again as we did last summer. French media are apparently still reporting that Bakayoko is on his way to Chelsea and this has come from the British press.

1 person likes this

Lads calm down on Bakayoko. The stories are coming from The Sun and The Daily Star, lowest common dominator tabloid bollocks. They want to put forward a sensationalist narrative that we're serially rejected. It's a nothing story.

12 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

If we lost Bakayoko too, we really would be a total laughing stock. Bakayoko could be a great long-term signing and we'll have screwed it up because, as usual, we take too long to close the deal. 

I don't see any other players of similar age or profile around, it would be arguably worse than Lukaku, because we'd got so far with Bakayoko, even booked him in for a medical. 

If the delay is due to an injury, then there's no reason to be worried. If it's for any other reason, then we should be. I expect that one to get resolved either way this week. I suspect along with a striker, that's their priority now Rudiger is signed.

We already have a 22 year old with very similar attributes on our books... one likely to leave if we sign Bakayoko; one who is home grown (might even count as club trained, but with all his recent loans, I'm not sure). I know some will say that Bakayoko is the better option because he has a greater number of starts at a higher level and has played in the CL. On the other hand, it will take Bakayoko time to adjust to the PL... if we end up with keeping Chalobah and losing Bakayoko, I shan't lose any sleep, nor will I feel we are a laughing stock.