Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,707 posts in this topic

If our next few signings are 3 or more out of Sandro, Bakayoyo, James and Morata, I don't think anyone can say we haven't done enough in the transfer window. As for someone like Matic leaving, he is at the age where he could probably demand his highest transfer fee, unless ManU want to give us £50M they can go do one; they're giving everyone else free money so we might as well help ourselves to some.

16 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Problem is Chalobah wants to play and only has one year left on his contract...and rumour has it he wants to go so he can play. So it's possible could lose him either way. Then we're stuck with Matic, who I think wants out anyway. 

IF Chalobah signed a five year deal, and Conte was going to start him with Kante instead of Matic, on a regular basis, then losing out on Bakayoko wouldn't be all bad. I'm a big fan of Chalobah myself, and think he deserves to start, deserves a run in the team. 

I'm actually just as concerned at how strong Bakayoko would make United, not just us losing him, and about United constantly beating us to our targets (which, lets face it, Jose must be secretly loving). 

Kinda makes me want to win the race for James more, because United are definitely interested in him. 

As far as I'm aware, they haven't beaten us to any of our targets. I know that you prefer to believe the narrative that Lukaku was as good as ours (loves, Chelsea, point to prove, blah, blah, blah) and we were beaten to his signature by the complacency and amateurishness of a board who won't spend £100m on a player of dubious mettle; the other, equally plausible narrative is that Lukaku wasn't a player Conte wanted in spite of some at the club being in favour of doing the deal, and the club have sided with the manager and chose NOT to bid for him (nothing has come out from any of those involved that Chelsea actually did make the matching bid the papers claim we made). Chucking all the tittle-tattle that you are so fond of to one side, there is nothing to suggest we were at all interested in Lukaku this summer.

32 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

We already have a 22 year old with very similar attributes on our books... one likely to leave if we sign Bakayoko; one who is home grown (might even count as club trained, but with all his recent loans, I'm not sure). I know some will say that Bakayoko is the better option because he has a greater number of starts at a higher level and has played in the CL. On the other hand, it will take Bakayoko time to adjust to the PL... if we end up with keeping Chalobah and losing Bakayoko, I shan't lose any sleep, nor will I feel we are a laughing stock.

Me neither Bob. A laughing stock from whose perspective and what does that matter anyway?

21 minutes ago, OrangeAndGreyKit said:

Costa is top class and better than Lukaku. But the problem is you just know he'll find something to have a strop about during the season. He almost derailed us last season were it not for the masterful Conte.

Costa unfortunately has to go.

The thing is Costa going this summer makes no sense for us or him as he either has to go out on loan to another club and then go to Madrid or not play until Jan in a World Cup year. For me, the most sensible option would be for him to sign a one year extension on better wages with the agreement that he will be sold to AM next summer. That way he gets a pay rise ane full season of playing, we have a proven world class striker and AM get him next year to replace Griezmann. 

22 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Costa wants to go. He's wanted to go for 2 years. He's making it look like Chelsea are forcing him out against his will - it's called playing the victim - when actually he has wanted out for a long time. I trust Conte a lot more than Costa, and if Conte doesn't want him, there's very likely a good reason for it, probably down to attitude. 

Costa only plays when he chooses to. He plays half a season every year. He's openly flirted wth AM for two years and even said he wanted to leave last year but we talked him round. This year, to me, he's making sure he goes. He won't be fully committed and Conte won't really want him.

There's no going back, he has to go. And he will.

A role you play so well yourself!

2 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

The thing is Costa going this summer makes no sense for us or him as he either has to go out on loan to another club and then go to Madrid or not play until Jan in a World Cup year. For me, the most sensible option would be for him to sign a one year extension on better wages with the agreement that he will be sold to AM next summer. That way he gets a pay rise ane full season of playing, we have a proven world class striker and AM get him next year to replace Griezmann. 

That's a good idea. But I fear the Conte and Costa relationship is beyond repair.

1 hour ago, xCELERYx said:

Telegraph reporting that RLC is close to joining Crystal Palace on loan for the season.

Am I the only one wondering if this is a mistake.  Palace are not Huddersfield, they have real money and have bought some good players recently.  At AM they have the very reliable Puncheon, and the very good Zaha.  

Just how much game time is RLC going to get there?

Just now, Bob Singleton said:

A role you play so well yourself!

Quite unnecessary - and proving the point at the same time.

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Absolutely.

Bob, 7 out of your last 10 posts have been to reply to James with the explicit reason of belittling his opinion, the content of his post and basically just ridiculing him in front of everyone else. None of your content actually adds to the discussion - could you stop with the bullying tone of your posts or if you feel that you have to do this to make yourself feel better then can you widen your target base and give James a break? It's ****ing juvenile.

Edited by Hugh Jars 99
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Is it too much to ask for Isco from Madrid?  It will be like having 2 Hazards one on each flank. Madrid don't need him, James and Morata. They love their galactico pet project Mbappe.

Edited by Kezza

13 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Am I the only one wondering if this is a mistake.  Palace are not Huddersfield, they have real money and have bought some good players recently.  At AM they have the very reliable Puncheon, and the very good Zaha.  

Just how much game time is RLC going to get there?

Puncheon didn't score a single goal last season.