Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,707 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

It's not bullying for goodness sake. This is an adult forum and there are and will continue to be times when someone gets exasperated by someone else posting and, consequently, points that out, which amounts to "belittling their opinion". There's nothing wrong with it as long as it doesn't get unacceptably distasteful.

James isn't a child. I've said on this forum before, some years ago, that if I was him I'd be embarrassed by people pleading for him not to be bullied. You're treating him like a kid.

I am pleading for Bob to stop for my sake, Pete - I find it offensive to see so many posts singling out one person so dramatically. It is an agenda of his to make snippy remarks about James posting. Doesn't like it then don't post, it doesn't add to the conversation and it's getting on my tits. How James takes it is up to him but I'm sick of reading it.

4 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

It's not bullying for goodness sake. This is an adult forum and there are and will continue to be times when someone gets exasperated by someone else posting and, consequently, points that out, which amounts to "belittling their opinion". There's nothing wrong with it as long as it doesn't get unacceptably distasteful.

James isn't a child. I've said on this forum before, some years ago, that if I was him I'd be embarrassed by people pleading for him not to be bullied. You're treating him like a kid.

1. it is bullying.   To be fair to James he doesn't react that much to it.  

2.  If you want to claim you are treating him as an adult, they I suggest you respond to him like an adult.  You are guilty too, as I have pointed out before.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jars 99 said:

I am pleading for Bob to stop for my sake, Pete - I find it offensive to see so many posts singling out one person so dramatically. It is an agenda of his to make snippy remarks about James posting. Doesn't like it then don't post, it doesn't add to the conversation and it's getting on my tits. How James takes it is up to him but I'm sick of reading it.

I'm sorry you find it offensive. Maybe you think I'm only targeting James. I can assure you it is not a deliberate policy... if others posted such ridiculous notions as James (for example, based on, I imagine, watching little to no German football, James assures us all that Christensen will take Cahill's place by the end of the year!!!) I would question them too.

6 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Screenshot_20170710-115347.jpg

This is good news, and doesn't surprise me one bit. 

Actually excited by the possibility of Morata signing. I expect this to happen now.

I think Morata will link up wonderfully with Hazard and Pedro. Excited to see how he fares over a full season of playing as he's not been a regular started for any team.

Llorente as a backup makes so much sense as he's pretty much the same player. Also played in the CL which is a bonus.

I'd steer clear of Benteke IMO not that great technically. 

14 minutes ago, Kezza said:

James makes so much sense. Can play as a striker and a forward. Solves two problems at once. Provides an option when Hazard is out in the first month and is a goalscorer when played up top.

A front 3 of James, Hazard and Morata would be delicious. OMG. So good. 

11 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I'm sorry you find it offensive. Maybe you think I'm only targeting James. I can assure you it is not a deliberate policy... if others posted such ridiculous notions as James (for example, based on, I imagine, watching little to no German football, James assures us all that Christensen will take Cahill's place by the end of the year!!!) I would question them too.

There must be half a dozen posters on here who have said Christensen will break into the first team this year and take someone's place.  I don't recall you getting excited about that.  

2 minutes ago, Nicholas Anelka said:

I think Morata will link up wonderfully with Hazard and Pedro. 

100% and the reason I want us to sign him. Very clever footballer and very good technically. Although he may not score as many goals as others I think overall as a team we will score more and be better to watch.

27 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

1. it is bullying.   To be fair to James he doesn't react that much to it.  

2.  If you want to claim you are treating him as an adult, they I suggest you respond to him like an adult.  You are guilty too, as I have pointed out before.

You're the last person to lecture anyone on adulthood or anything else for that matter. I do treat him like an adult. I treat him just like I treat anyone else on this forum. I certainly don't insult him by treating him like the Forum's child member, who needs to be coddled in case he gets upset poor dear.

James can be exasperating because he insists on repeating lengthy texts saying exactly the same thing as he's posted before again and again. It's no surprise to me that he gets responses pointing that out very candidly.

2 people like this

My nerves on a single £70m outlay are huge. They were at the prospect of Lukaku, they're just as high now at the prospect of Morata. Don't watch anywhere near enough Spanish football to know anything about him but it could be Messi or Ronaldo and I'd still be worried about the price tag.

Kevin Phillips for £3.50 and I'd be cool as a cucumber but I'm proper clenched at our club dropping such a huge number on one player!!