Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,414 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, samhoward17 said:

Last season Ibra carried that United team for most of the year but when he got injured it became clear that his limitations were actually hindering the team as a whole. Their dominant performance against us at Old Trafford was only possible due to the high intensity pressing and movement they had with Rashford and Lingard. Forwards such as Ibra (current version), Giroud and Lukaku have very clear strengths and weaknesses and are all good players to have in your squad but can all be contained with the right system. I think you will struggle to win much with these players as teams will find ways to nullify their qualities and force them to play in areas in which they are uncomfortable. Azpi and Luiz completely suffocated him last season and he barely touched the ball in either game. 

Mostly agree with this - but certainly a very interesting point on Man U and on how CFs play.     Worth the wait.

37 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Don't want to quote it all but  Sam , that post was magic , thanks for taking the effort.

Hear, hear. How dare someone post something so sensible in here! LOL

SKY sports have now spent more air time on Costa being let go and us having nobody to replace him than they did on Chelsea winning the league.

@samhoward17 summed up my thoughts on Lukaku and Morata perfectly, been trying to say the same thing but you said it much better.

Posted (edited)

Very good post Sam and a good article as well.

Shame that you have to wade through pages of bickering to get a nugget like that. IMO

Edited by Sea foot

Sounds like Bakayoko deal is almost done. Numerous reports that his private plane landed at Stansted this afternoon and that he's in London, presumably for his medical.

If this deal goes through in the next day or so, surely everyone will stop moaning about the clubs transfer dealings this summer? 

I ❤️ Sam Howard.

With sense like that, you could beon one of the top forums, not rotting in the 3rd tier reserves with us lot

1 hour ago, Kezza said:

The rest of us actually want to discuss some transfer news please. Thank you the few of you filling up the past few pages with irrelevant hand bags fighting but we had enough of you all. 

This.

People are entitled to react/respond to the content of members' posts regarding our transfer activity (or otherwise). Members are entitled to put their thoughts and offer their observations without fear of attracting gratuitous personal comments/attacks. Frankly, what's gone on over the past few pages is nothing short of objectionable and embarrassing. It's pointless going back now and deleting posts because they're pretty much all been quoted by a number of members, and before the mods could get at them - however, any of the same from here on in will not be allowed - the moderators will apply a zero tolerance approach. Anyone who thinks that this warning doesn't apply to them - think again!

Now FFS, stop acting like children, and get on with discussing all things Chelsea!

Great post Sam, agree with a lot of your thoughts on Lukaku but this bit about Morata really resonated.

1 hour ago, samhoward17 said:

I honestly feel he is on the verge of a huge season in the right environment. His scoring record last year was insane and if you include internationals he scored 27 with a goal every 66 minutes. Some might argue this was mostly against inferior sides but he has already shown he can perform on the big stage in the past and last year he wasn’t exactly given the opportunity due to clashes with Ronaldo.

He'd be my first choice (out of the names we've been most prominently linked with) and I think given the stage, he'll do wonders for us.